• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

March Madness 2019

Started by tiny707, March 17, 2019, 07:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD24

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 21, 2019, 06:10:23 PMWe owe the MVC a tournament win... and soon... And until we get it our debt is not repaid and we are not and should not be considered on equal footing with our peers.They could have had Ja Morant instead they got a glorified NAIA school. The decision to take us over Murray State might end up being the decision that kills the MVC. I'm so embarrassed ashamed sad and disgusted right now. I can't BELIEVE we had the audacity to accept an invite to this conference with no plan in place to get better. That's DISGRACEFUL. If we wanted to continue acting like a mid con HL level program why bother stepping up to the big leagues?
Ja is transferring too....
......to the NBA

VUGrad1314

Quote from: JD24 on March 21, 2019, 09:27:55 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 21, 2019, 06:10:23 PMWe owe the MVC a tournament win... and soon... And until we get it our debt is not repaid and we are not and should not be considered on equal footing with our peers.They could have had Ja Morant instead they got a glorified NAIA school. The decision to take us over Murray State might end up being the decision that kills the MVC. I'm so embarrassed ashamed sad and disgusted right now. I can't BELIEVE we had the audacity to accept an invite to this conference with no plan in place to get better. That's DISGRACEFUL. If we wanted to continue acting like a mid con HL level program why bother stepping up to the big leagues?
Ja is transferring too....
......to the NBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg

NativeCheesehead

As angst filled as our fan base in right now I promise you it's not as bad as Virginia fans during this halftime.

talksalot

Anteaters.   Time for another beer.

usc4valpo

Gonzaga looks awesome against Scott Drew's Baylor Bears. A matchup against Florida State will be fun to watch.

wh

I had not seen Murray State play this year, so I thought I'd check them out today against #4 seed Florida State. Unfortunately, they were overwhelmed in a 28-point loss.

VUGrad1314

Florida State is going to do that to a lot of teams. That is the same program that bounced a very good Gonzaga team in last year's Sweet 16. Their length and size are problematic for teams. Dark horse Final 4 team IMO.

VUGrad1314

If you wanted to see how good Murray State can be and  what they can do for the MVC you should have seen them against Marquette two days ago.

JD24

Scott Drew just made a move which backfired leaving Vital in the game with 3 fouls. The foul for #4 was certainly iffy but Gonzaga did just what you'd expect and went after him.

wh

Quote from: JD24 on March 23, 2019, 07:37:34 PM
Scott Drew just made a move which backfired leaving Vital in the game with 3 fouls. The foul for #4 was certainly iffy but Gonzaga did just what you'd expect and went after him.

Very iffy, but you're right - big gamble that turned into a big mistake.

usc4valpo

Scott Drew and Mark Few are really great coaches. Baylor played hard in the second half.

valpotx

Does anyone else feel as much satisfaction as I do, in that LSU's winner against Maryland, was most likely a travel?  That foul/no call committed on Keith Carter, which didn't allow us an opportunity to tie, feels a little bit better today.
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Auburn was fantastic last night - a beautiful first half showing how the sport should be played.

vu84v2

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 24, 2019, 11:23:17 AM
Auburn was fantastic last night - a beautiful first half showing how the sport should be played.

As a Kansas fan, I completely agree with you. Ball movement, strong defense, etc. I do not like Bruce Pearl, but that team played great.

valpopal

Quote from: vu84v2 on March 24, 2019, 11:42:18 AM
Quote from: usc4valpo on March 24, 2019, 11:23:17 AM

As a Kansas fan, I completely agree with you. Ball movement, strong defense, etc. I do not like Bruce Pearl, but that team played great.

Every time I see Bruce Pearl get upset or rant on the sideline, I can't help but think he reminds me of Shakey the Mohel in Seinfeld!

bbtds

Anyone want to join Eaternation?

Suddenly I've decided on a ant-e-diet.

valpo04

Quote from: valpotx on March 23, 2019, 10:47:26 PM
Does anyone else feel as much satisfaction as I do, in that LSU's winner against Maryland, was most likely a travel?  That foul/no call committed on Keith Carter, which didn't allow us an opportunity to tie, feels a little bit better today.

usc4valpo

Houston is definitely a fun team to watch! I wish Valpo would be that athletic!

wh

Quote from: usc4valpo on March 25, 2019, 02:24:16 PM
Houston is definitely a fun team to watch! I wish Valpo would be that athletic!

I have Houston in my Final Four in a big family/friends pool, losing to Duke in the Championship game.  My other 2 Final Four picks are Virginia and Buffalo (my sleeper that already bombed).

justducky

Lipscomb with 7 point win over Wichita St to advance to NIT championship game. TCU- 1 seed and Texas-2 seed in other bracket. Lipscomb won at TCU 73-64 in Nov.

crusader05

someone brought up comparisons to Lipscomb and us: Snubbed for an at large, used that as motivation to power to the championship but another thing they may have in common: losing their coach shortly after their season is over.

VUGrad1314

And subsequent MVC membership? Just throwing it out there

vu72

Lipscomb is WAY better than us (last year).  They can really rebound.  Great win last night.  They would be a very good Valley addition.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VUGrad1314

Let's get both Nashville private schools and Murray State and find a good 14th.

a3uge

Quote from: vu72 on April 03, 2019, 10:47:33 AM
Lipscomb is WAY better than us (last year).  They can really rebound.  Great win last night.  They would be a very good Valley addition.
Lipscomb's budget was 258th in the country, and below the smallest MVC budget (Indiana State at 213). Factoring in additional travel costs, it doesn't make a ton of sense. Lipscomb doesn't have a lot of sustained success - this year was their first year in program history with a positive SRS (this was Valpo's first negative SRS in 9 years).