• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Transfer Coming to VU!

Started by GoldenCrusader87, April 01, 2019, 10:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenCrusader87

This just in, Valpo just got a lot better.

Other than the four remaining teams left in the tournament, many players are officially entering the transfer portal. After a devastating loss in the NCAA tournament, Zion Williamson announces he'll be leaving Duke University and transferring to Valpo. Yes - Valpo.

Zion accredited his move to an interest in playing better competition in the MVC than in the ACC. He comes with a WE mentality. Despite likely being a first round pick and one of the best players in the history of college bansketball, Zion recognizes his need to fine tune non-basketball elements in his life - such as his need to learn how to do laundry.

Zion also noted that his appreciation for historic gymnasiums - like Cameron Indoor Center - is another major draw to Valpo because he'd get to play in the ARC. Like Cameron Indoor, the ARC largely remains the same as it was when constructed.

The Duke Crazies will be missed. However, Zion hopes to bring back the V-Rex out of its recent state of extinction.

Last, Zion accredited the bleacher seating as another major draw as it reminds him of his playing days while in a Mighty Mights league.

This is a HUGE get for Valpo and could lead to a new rendition of The Shot!

Oh ya ... and, April Fools!!!

jloose128

Was this really the best you could do?  :crazy:

NativeCheesehead

Been waiting all day for a "Lottich Fired" post.

VULB#62

Gets my vote for   :crazy:  creativity.   :thumbsup:

GoldenCrusader87

Come on. I told y'all - I'm not saying anything else about Matt's status. MLB says he's the guy, so he's the guy. Sooo, I went with this haha.

bbtds

Good thing we don't have the dislike button anymore.

A good April Fools joke has to be somewhat believable and everybody in the NCAA knows Zion Williamson is not transferring and if he was transferring it would never be to a mid-major. Just not a believable senario. Now if you said we were getting the 4 NW Indiana players from Drake because they realized there was room for them at Valpo since we had so many transfer out. Now that would have made a good April Fools joke.