• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ SIU 1/7/2020 7pm CST on ESPN 3

Started by VUSWIM08-12, January 06, 2020, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

I have a feeling there will be a cold stretch for SIU. It's whether we match it this half is the key.

That Domask is going to get cold.

bbtds

Krikke please or have Mileek guard Domask and foul him hard. Really hard! Ok, maybe not.

I'm beginning to believe in the Mileek fouling Domask senario now. Ok, ok. Not.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

nkvu

We don't even start to play until we're down 15 or so.

bbtds

Free throws are free, why do we waste them?

bbtds

Quote from: nkvu on January 07, 2020, 08:12:02 PM
We don't even start to play until we're down 15 or so.

So do we stop when we get back to 7 down or does SIU start hitting threes again?

NativeCheesehead

Body language in the huddles is horrible. We look lost.

bbtds

I remember the exit sign for Nashville, Illinois, off I-64 had to have the "IL" for Illinois because too many travelers were thinking when they got off the interstate they were in Music City. So someone built a music venue in Nashville, IL and it did really well because people were still getting off the interstate about 250 miles too early.

bbtds

Free throws are free, why do we waste them?

Wash, rinse, repeat.

bbtds

NativeCheesehead

If we were a NFL team, this is the game to fire your offensive coordinator.

VUSWIM08-12

Folks this what we're gonna get until Lottich steps down or gets fired. Got the calls IMO but cant win the game or come even close. Wow that was bad. I think we have talented players(and also boneheaded ones, mileek why foul a 3 point shooter, cardinal sin boy). Lottich just has problems putting them in the right places and calling good plays IMO.

bbtds

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 07, 2020, 08:46:14 PM
If we were a NFL team, this is the game to fire your offensive coordinator.

So StlVUfan can't sit behind the bench anymore?

valpotx

The team needs to work on shots within 8 feet of the basket.  My lord, how can you miss some of those shots?
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

M

When star shoots 6-21 (1-9 from three) that ain't going to cut it most nights.

nkvu

Don't guard the shooter in the first half, don't knock down shots or free throws in the second, you are not gonna win many that way. To cap it off, we give a home run on the in bounds. Sad.

valpotx

I can't think of the last time I saw Valpo hit by a successful HR ball.  Many have tried, but none have succeeded in at least 10 years.
"Don't mess with Texas"

govalpogo

At some point, the players just have to execute.  SIU D is good, but the guys made unbelievably few of their make able shots, FTs, lay ups, etc.  Terrible performance.  Burn the tape.  Get back to who you are. 

mj

one step forward, two steps back for this team.
I believe that we will win.

valpo64

Gracious!   When you shoot like that what do you expect?  And Lottich never took a shot!   Definitely need inside scoring.  Lock Zion in the gym by himself for an hour a day to shoot only free throws.    Now let's forget this one and win on Saturday.

justducky

What was up with Nick?

We have very little inside game. We have no point guard scoring. Even with Fazekas only minor portions of those problems will disappear. Is it back to the drawing board ???

wh

Quote from: govalpogo on January 07, 2020, 09:00:02 PM
At some point, the players just have to execute.  SIU D is good, but the guys made unbelievably few of their make able shots, FTs, lay ups, etc.  Terrible performance.  Burn the tape.  Get back to who you are. 

Agreed. Nearly everyone playing their worst game on the same night - the perfect storm. Not the end of the world.  The sun will come up tomorrow, and we'll get back on track Saturday.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: valpo64 on January 07, 2020, 09:05:16 PM
Gracious!   When you shoot like that what do you expect?  And Lottich never took a shot!   Definitely need inside scoring.  Lock Zion in the gym by himself for an hour a day to shoot only free throws.    Now let's forget this one and win on Saturday.

He never took a shot but he recruited the people that did so... So inconsistent.... Come on Matt. It's on you to get this team ready to play every day. We should NOT be getting blown out by double digits by THIS SIU team. This is embarrassing. This is the kind of game that locks us into Thursday for another year. And we'll get the same babbling BS about youth and not making shots and just needing to play harder and better we get after every loss. Where's the plan to actually GET THEM THERE coach? We don't see consistent improvement game to game EVER.