• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Drake @ The ARC 1/11/20 3pm CST on ESPN3

Started by VUSWIM08-12, January 10, 2020, 11:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

Alright no one has started a thread and the game is in 16 hours. I typically make a prediction, but I've been way off so I'll give the line instead. Valpo is at -1.5 with the O/U at 139. If I were to bet I would go over and take Drake but the moment I do that Sackey goes nuts,McMillan doesn't foul out, Krikke hits a 3, and Valpo wins. Drake most recently beat Loyola and Indiana St., but opened league play with a loss to Wardle. Their only real tests of the year were at Cincy where they lost by 22 and at Dayton where they lost by 31. There best non conference win was a 10 point tilt against Murray St. in a tournament down in Florida. Ahhh what the hell here is a prediction...

Valpo-74
Drake-71

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on January 10, 2020, 11:07:25 PMAlright no one has started a thread and the game is in 16 hours. I typically make a prediction, but I've been way off so I'll give the line instead. Valpo is at -1.5 with the O/U at 139. If I were to bet I would go over and take Drake but the moment I do that Sackey goes nuts,McMillan doesn't foul out, Krikke hits a 3, and Valpo wins. Drake most recently beat Loyola and Indiana St., but opened league play with a loss to Wardle. Their only real tests of the year were at Cincy where they lost by 22 and at Dayton where they lost by 31. There best non conference win was a 10 point tilt against Murray St. in a tournament down in Florida. Ahhh what the hell here is a prediction... Valpo-74 Drake-71

Pomeroy: Valpo by 2
Sagarin: Drake by 0.61
Massey: Valpo by 2

NativeCheesehead

Soft schedule aside, their coach inherited a mess after Medved bolted and has done a fantastic job. He'll be a hot name for a bigger job if he can squeak them into the tourney in the next year or two.

bbtds

We need to come to play from the beginning all the way to the end of the game. No taking any period of time off. It's almost a foreseen conclusion that an MVC game will come down to the last minute---UNLESS a TEAM TAKES A SPELL OFF and DOESN'T COMPETE FOR A PERIOD then they can lose more easily. Drake can be beaten. Any MVC team can be beaten by Valpo when the Crusaders play a complete game.

talksalot

crowd will be interesting to check out today.  weather sucks.

Drake's probable starters are from Merrillville, Merrillville, Griffith, Calumet City and Dubuque.

they are undefeated when holding opponents under 40percent from the floor.

justducky

Quote from: talksalot on January 11, 2020, 09:42:48 AMcrowd will be interesting to check out today.  weather sucks.

I'm at 5.5 inches rainfall since 10 PM, but it has backed down to a drizzle and it might not be any problem walking in at game time. Bring your umbrella just in case. Chest waders should be unnecessary.

bbtds

Quote from: justducky on January 11, 2020, 10:20:45 AM
Quote from: talksalot on January 11, 2020, 09:42:48 AMcrowd will be interesting to check out today.  weather sucks.

I'm at 5.5 inches rainfall since 10 PM, but it has backed down to a drizzle and it might not be any problem walking in at game time. Bring your umbrella just in case. Chest waders should be unnecessary.

Crappy weather is a very relative thing. We could be dealing with wildfires going on for 3 months with mostly volunteer firefighters. I won't mention what could be the causes.

VUGrad1314

I feel very sad that we who do not need this rain are getting it while Australia which could use a drenching rain such as this continues to be dry. Stay strong Australia.

bbtds

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 11, 2020, 12:13:10 PM
I feel very sad that we who do not need this rain are getting it while Australia which could use a drenching rain such as this continues to be dry. Stay strong Australia.

Koala/Kangaroo Strong!
Ok, not going with that one.

Fire down under, dunt always mean what y'think.
No.

wh

PlumStreetBum

Is anyone else getting bad screen judder/lots of dropped frames on the ESPN feed?

jsher3141

Quote from: wh on January 11, 2020, 02:35:26 PM
Lots of Drake blue in Sect. D.
Really wish we would start putting the visitor section upstairs like every other Valley team does.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

M

I'm glad we don't put them up there since that's where I sit, lol. Good start, even though they've missed some real open looks from deep.

Robinson needs to turn it around here soon offensively. We've also been beat backdoor 3, 4, 5 times so far and there is 7, 6 minutes left in the half. Kiser keeps making freshman plays out there, but at least he tries hard right.

VUGrad1314

I love you Daniel but you can't shoot. Please don't shoot anymore.

jsher3141

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 11, 2020, 03:35:55 PM
Or drive to the basket against 2 guys a foot taller than you.

bbtds

11 of 11 from the FT line. That's the difference in the game and much improved from most of the games

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

Rebounding and second chances are an issue again...

M

That was a bad call on Sackey, but the defensive rebounding in this game is atrocious.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: jsher3141 on January 11, 2020, 03:40:59 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 11, 2020, 03:35:55 PM
Or drive to the basket against 2 guys a foot taller than you.

Or box out?

NativeCheesehead

Had a chance to put you foot on their throat at the midway point of the half.

Looks like we saved our awful stretch for the end of the first as opposed to the beginning.

NativeCheesehead

Jeebus Matt your guard just got assaulted. Stand up for your team!

VUGrad1314

I can reliably say that this isn't on Lottich unless you want to blame him for recruiting some of these guys... We are playing HORRIBLY and if not for foul shooting we'd be down by about two possessions and that's with Drake shooting terribly. If the shooting equalizes and we don't improve in the second half we're going to be in serious trouble.

hailcrusaders

I'm glad we're getting a Saturday home game, but is there any good reason for a 3 PM tip instead of say, 7 PM? Sure would help attendance.
#CrusadersForever