• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Drake @ The ARC 1/11/20 3pm CST on ESPN3

Started by VUSWIM08-12, January 10, 2020, 11:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsher3141

Is it just me, or does the music over the PA sound exceptionally bad today?

VALPO LI

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 11, 2020, 03:47:06 PM
Had a chance to put you foot on their throat at the midway point of the half.

Looks like we saved our awful stretch for the end of the first as opposed to the beginning.
Scored only 2 point with 4:36 left in the half.....can't do that if you expect to win.
Shine on Vu

VUGrad1314

With all of this freezing rain are you sure about that? Four more hours for the roads to ice over further?

bbtds

Quote from: hailcrusaders on January 11, 2020, 03:54:13 PM
I'm glad we're getting a Saturday home game, but is there any good reason for a 3 PM tip instead of say, 7 PM? Sure would help attendance.

It's now all about ESPN time slots.

M

Weather is supposed to get worse I'm pretty sure, I doubt the attendance would've been any better later.

If Robinson and/or McMillian can play better offensively in the 2nd half we'll be fine.

bbtds

Quote from: VALPO LI on January 11, 2020, 03:55:11 PM
Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 11, 2020, 03:47:06 PM
Had a chance to put you foot on their throat at the midway point of the half.

Looks like we saved our awful stretch for the end of the first as opposed to the beginning.
Scored only 2 point with 4:36 left in the half.....can't do that if you expect to win.

We scored only 6 points since the 5:20 mark of first half till the end of the half.

hailcrusaders

The scheduling folks couldn't have known the weather conditions when they slotted this one for 3:00. It's the idea of playing weekend matinees instead of night games like we used to that bothers me, even if it wouldn't have made a huge difference on a day like today. Is ESPN plus viewership really that high that they'd be losing out on a streaming audience during primetime? I can't imagine MVC games get a huge casual audience that could be would be watching something else if the game were at a different time.
#CrusadersForever

M

He has to be a threat out there, but he has to make a few...man he's been bad offensively tonight.

VUGrad1314

Get him out of the game please... More Krikke...

VUGrad1314

Quote from: M on January 11, 2020, 04:09:17 PMHe has to be a threat out there, but he has to make a few...man he's been bad offensively tonight.

There's no threat. They don't respect that shot. They're leaving him open and daring him to take it and he STILL can't make them pay for it. He needs to have a nice long sit.

NativeCheesehead

For all my issues with last years twin towers (and there were many), if either had stayed they'd be getting 30 min a night on this team and have the chance to really show what they have.

bbtds

The dreaded funk period we couldn't afford to have.

Maybe not.

M

And Krikke immediately turns it over...I'd say go 5 small guys and spread um out and run and gun, but we don't have enough shooters.

VALPO LI

If we don't play better the second half I'm gonna have to stop hiding in the basement and help my wife take down the Christmas Tree. :'(
Shine on Vu

M

VUGrad1314

I'm sorry to say it and I'm sorry Matt. Mea Maxima Culpa. It isn't you at all. We are NOT a good basketball team. At all.

M

Robinson really struggling on offense too...it's really a testament to our defense (or their poor outside shooting) that Valpo is still in it.

valpotx

I swear, if we get caught looking at the ball again, whether on a pass or rebound...
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

VUGrad1314, we aren't a good team.  But Matt can recruit and we have good players.
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

Next game you're watching it at my house so I can manage your alcohol intake. And by manage I mean double.

Love your passion, my friend!

😀🍺🍺🍺

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: M on January 11, 2020, 04:28:23 PM
Robinson really struggling on offense too...it's really a testament to our defense (or their poor outside shooting) that Valpo is still in it.

Our DEFENSE? We're giving up over 50% from the floor YET AGAIN. Our defense is the problem.

M

Well they're shooting 11% from 3 and not getting to the line. Drake has also turned it over 16 times...so yes our defense is doing a fine job keeping Valpo in the game.

VUGrad1314

KISER!

Also they have missed A LOT of open looks from 3. We've been pretty lucky.

Penn is killing us.

VUGrad1314