• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Coronavirus

Started by Just Sayin, February 23, 2020, 09:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

RS

Our Grand Poobah is loosing it. He has no clue on how to handle a crisis. Hold a press conference. Trust his advisers when he should just shut up. I've seen enough of the buffoon and press conferences which are just a bunch of double talk. He constantly lies. Tell the effing truth that you don't have the answers available at this moment. Geez, a war president, come on. We would be under Nazis control if he had been president in 1941. He still basically feels that it will just disappear magically. What kind of an answer is that. Besides constantly calling it the Chinese Disease. Alright, once or twice is enough. But he constantly goes out of way to push that wording scenario. I would not be surprised if he starts firing his medical advisers becuz they are following his comments and refuting what he is saying. whether its about using some medicine that is used for malaria, arthritis and needs to be tested thoroughly before using or about telling people that are able to go back to work in a week or two when his so called stay away from each other plan ends. HE DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE.

My 2 cents. maybe he needs to take a few lessons on holding a press conference and take some pointers from Cuomo. I know we were not prepared for this. But blaming everyone else and not providing a positive example of how to be a leader is ridiculous. Republicans in congress are the real hold up. Protecting big business and not the small business people. Ball is in your corner wh and Just Sayin. Just show me your stupidity and say the buffoon is the greatest president ever.

vu72

Quote from: RS on March 23, 2020, 03:27:32 PMwhether its about using some medicine that is used for malaria, arthritis and needs to be tested thoroughly

Guess what?  His followers are hoarding that medicine and people with arthritis or Lupus, who actually need it can't get it!  Did you ever notice how he constantly repeats himself whenever there isn't a tel-prompter?  Like--"it's a very large plan, a really big one like nobody has ever seen--really big".  Geez...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

RS

Thanks 72.  I knew there was another major medical issue that chloroquinine is used for. Could not remember Lupus and there is certainly a need for that medicine there. Trumps snide attacks on Tony Fauci are becoming more prevalent. I've kept my comments private to the board for quite awhile but is awful hard to watch this buffoon lie to us constantly and bend the truth.

wh

Quote from: RS on March 23, 2020, 03:27:32 PM
Our Grand Poobah is loosing it. He has no clue on how to handle a crisis. Hold a press conference. Trust his advisers when he should just shut up. I've seen enough of the buffoon and press conferences which are just a bunch of double talk. He constantly lies. Tell the effing truth that you don't have the answers available at this moment. Geez, a war president, come on. We would be under Nazis control if he had been president in 1941. He still basically feels that it will just disappear magically. What kind of an answer is that. Besides constantly calling it the Chinese Disease. Alright, once or twice is enough. But he constantly goes out of way to push that wording scenario. I would not be surprised if he starts firing his medical advisers becuz they are following his comments and refuting what he is saying. whether its about using some medicine that is used for malaria, arthritis and needs to be tested thoroughly before using or about telling people that are able to go back to work in a week or two when his so called stay away from each other plan ends. HE DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE.

My 2 cents. maybe he needs to take a few lessons on holding a press conference and take some pointers from Cuomo. I know we were not prepared for this. But blaming everyone else and not providing a positive example of how to be a leader is ridiculous. Republicans in congress are the real hold up. Protecting big business and not the small business people. Ball is in your corner wh and Just Sayin. Just show me your stupidity and say the buffoon is the greatest president ever.

RS - First, you disparage our President and call him names, then you call Just Sayin and me stupid for defending him. I want you to know that you have really hurt my feelings. And I'm glad you don't represent my alma mater. And you don't have good leadership skills. And anyone thinking of hiring you should feel free to contact me and I'll show them your post so they know how mean you really are. And I am going to tattle on you like a little girl and get '04 involved so he can call you out for your lack of sensitivity toward Donald Trump, Just Sayin, and myself.

Just kidding, of course. Only a complete buffoon would do that. LOL  On a more serious note, Im still wondering if you're a public school teacher. I've asked you a couple of times and you keep ignoring me.

RS

wh, all nastiness aside i needed to vent and its been awhile. No I am not a public school teacher but have many friends who are. I am a VU graduate but now retired from the steel industry. I live in valpo and have worked the voting polls for several years. Registered democrat which i hope you don't take offense to. thanks for your kidding and i take it for what it was. The president just ordered 10,000 doses of the Lupus medicine to New York. I hope it works but i still feel people need to self quarantine to stem the spread. Hope you are well as Indiana I see has implemented a stay in home order starting wednesday

wh

Quote from: RS on March 23, 2020, 06:05:34 PM
wh, all nastiness aside i needed to vent and its been awhile. No I am not a public school teacher but have many friends who are. I am a VU graduate but now retired from the steel industry. I live in valpo and have worked the voting polls for several years. Registered democrat which i hope you don't take offense to. thanks for your kidding and i take it for what it was. The president just ordered 10,000 doses of the Lupus medicine to New York. I hope it works but i still feel people need to self quarantine to stem the spread. Hope you are well as Indiana I see has implemented a stay in home order starting wednesday

Nice post, RS. Just like that, I see you in a completely different, totally positive light. I'm kind of speechless. Take care.

VU75

Quote from: vu72 on March 23, 2020, 03:58:23 PMwhether its about using some medicine that is used for malaria, arthritis and needs to be tested thoroughly

Is that the orange horse pill they gave us in Vietnam?  If it is all that horded toilet  paper will get used.

vu84v2

Actual quotes from Donald Trump, some of which are truly bizarre and inappropriate for any executive to say.
Jan 20: "I know more about viruses than anyone."
Jan 22: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. It's going to be just fine."
Feb 2: "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"
Feb 25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."
Feb 25: "I think that's a problem that's going to go away... They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we're very close to a vaccine."
Feb 26: "The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."
Feb 26: "We're going very substantially down, not up."
Feb 27: "One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear."
Feb 28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."
Mar 2: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"
Mar 2: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they're happening very rapidly."
Mar 4: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."
Mar 5: "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."
Mar 5: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"
Mar 6: "I think we're doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."
Mar 6: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They're there. And the tests are beautiful.... the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."
Mar 6: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it ... Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."
Mar 6: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."
Mar 8: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."
Mar 9: "This blindsided the world."
Mar 13: "National emergency, two big words."
Mar 13: "I take no responsibility at all

bbtds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/health/usa-coronavirus-cases.amp.html

And it is a sprawling, cacophonous democracy, where states set their own policies and President Trump has sent mixed messages about the scale of the danger and how to fight it, ensuring there was no coherent, unified response to a grave public health threat.

A series of missteps and lost opportunities dogged the nation's response.

bbtds

The President Is Trapped

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/presidents-character-unequal-task/608743/

Best story I have seen on why Trump should not be running this country at a time when a pandemic could wipe out millions of Americans.

For his entire adult life, and for his entire presidency, Donald Trump has created his own alternate reality, complete with his own alternate set of facts. He has shown himself to be erratic, impulsive, narcissistic, vindictive, cruel, mendacious, and devoid of empathy. None of that is new.

A former White House adviser who has worked on past pandemics told me, "This fool will bring the death of thousands needlessly. We have mobilized as a country to shut things down for a time, despite the difficulty. We can work our way back to a semblance of normality if we hold out and let the health system make it through the worst of it." He added, "But now our own president is undoing all that work and preaching recklessness. Rather than lead us in taking on a difficult challenge, he is dragging us toward failure and suffering.

But what happens to Trump psychologically and emotionally when things don't turn around in the time period he wants? What happens if the tricks that have allowed him to walk away from scandal after scandal don't work quite so well, if the doors of escape are bolted shut, and if it dawns on even some of his supporters—people who will watch family members, friends, and neighbors contract the disease, some number of whom will die—that no matter what Trump says, he can't alter this epidemiological reality?

wh

Meanwhile, back to reality:

Gallup: Trump job approval rating matches all-time high

"The president's job approval rating has remained steady among Republicans (92 percent), but he's gained 8 points among independents (43 percent) and 6 points among Democrats (13 percent)."

It appears that Trump's handling of the coronavirus response is behind the approval rating bump. Sixty percent of voters overall said they approve of the job Trump is doing to address the epidemic, including 94 percent of Republicans, 60 percent of independents and 27
percent of Democrats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/489285-gallup-trump-job-approval-rating-matches-all-time-high%3famp

wh

And...

WHO chief praises Trump's coronavirus 'leadership'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/26/who-chief-praises-trumps-leadership-in-handling-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/

Take some deep breaths and relax, Trump haters. Think good thoughts, like what you want to buy with that $2400 gift you're about to receive.

vu84v2

That $2400 is costless from a national perspective? Much of the stimulus package is probably necessary, but it costs each man, woman and child in this country $6000. So maybe instead of looking at it as a gift, we should consider that a married couple will owe $12000.

bbtds

Quote from: wh on March 26, 2020, 10:26:50 PM
Meanwhile, back to reality:

Gallup: Trump job approval rating matches all-time high

"The president's job approval rating has remained steady among Republicans (92 percent), but he's gained 8 points among independents (43 percent) and 6 points among Democrats (13 percent)."

It appears that Trump's handling of the coronavirus response is behind the approval rating bump. Sixty percent of voters overall said they approve of the job Trump is doing to address the epidemic, including 94 percent of Republicans, 60 percent of independents and 27
percent of Democrats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/489285-gallup-trump-job-approval-rating-matches-all-time-high%3famp

These surveys were taken just before Trump came up with the stupid idea that he needed to jump start an economy by a certain date, Easter, because it is a "beautiful day" not because the virus peak will be over. Trump was saying that he needed to get the economy going because his political enemies don't want the economy to recover so as to hurt his re-election chances. I think you will see the Trump approval rating go way down after the idiotic decision.

bbtds

Quote from: wh on March 26, 2020, 10:41:28 PM
And...

WHO chief praises Trump's coronavirus 'leadership'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/26/who-chief-praises-trumps-leadership-in-handling-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/

Take some deep breaths and relax, Trump haters. Think good thoughts, like what you want to buy with that $2400 gift you're about to receive.

During that same press conference, the WHO director-general warned against nations lifting their coronavirus lockdowns for the sake of economic salvation, saying the virus would only re-emerge as a result.

Isn't that exactly what Trump proposed to do with his idiotic plan? It seems to me the WHO director-general is a man who must make many political moves and due to Trump's narcissistic nature he knows if he doesn't praise the US president in some way he will never get Trump to listen to him about ending the lockdown too soon.

bbtds

Quote from: wh on March 26, 2020, 10:26:50 PMMeanwhile, back to reality:

Your and Trump's reality which we have proved time and time again is idiotic and stupid.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on March 27, 2020, 11:31:06 AM
Quote from: wh on March 26, 2020, 10:26:50 PMMeanwhile, back to reality:

Your and Trump's reality which we have proved time and time again is idiotic and stupid.

In all likelihood, President Trump will be elected to a 2nd term in November. Pace yourself.

vu84v2

Quote yesterday from Donald Trump:

Trump said that Pence "calls all the governors. And I tell him, I'm a different type of person, and I say, 'Mike, don't call the governor of Washington. You're wasting your time with him."

"Don't call the woman in Michigan. It doesn't make any difference what happens," Trump also said he told Pence, who leads the U.S. response to the coronavirus.

Trump says that people must praise him and commend him otherwise he is not going to take calls that would coordinate better ways to help people. Not only is that not Presidential, it is inhuman.

bbtds

Donald Trump, former president, on his death bed after getting COVID-19 in March 2022.

Trump: "Melania, will you please tell the secret service to get that break through medicine we used 2 years ago on all those coronavirus patients?"

Melania: "Sorry dear. There isn't any of that medicine left."

Trump: "Just tell the secret service. I'm sure they will know how to get some."

Melania: "I'm sorry, dear, that former Michigan governor, Whitmer, is now head of Health and Human Services Vice President and she says you were not appreciative of their efforts to secure the medicine for you. She says you can't have the medicine."