• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Week 6 - @ St. Thomas

Started by valpofb16, October 03, 2021, 10:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Tommies so far have beaten a D2 , lost handily to an MVC, rolled Butler, took San Diego to wire.

Valparaiso so far has shown an ability to hold teams within 20-30 regardless of our offense. Passing game and offense have been clunky.

St. Thomas : 24
Valparaiso : 3

Side Note: Kellan McKeag former VU player who got time as a freshman has 1 GP for them this year

usc4valpo

bbtds

The Beacons are dimming some.

St Thomas  28
Valpo         13

valpofb16

6 passing touchdowns in 2 years. Backup QB is now a freshman.

Ruszkowski transferred, Lawson passed up, transfer ins of Webb, Jackson , and Berry haven't panned out.

Hopefully we get some progression at that position from Kaplan or Nimz returns.

Wonder what offense looks like if Washington didn't fall from sky. Will find out next fall

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Is it me, or wasn't there more interest on football on this board than in the past? What the heck?

VUSWIM08-12

Those are both catches by Ollie , garbage officiating so far

vu72

Well, that was pretty awful.  We lose by a touchdown and probably set a school record for penalties.  THAT, is on the COACHES!!  A TOTAL lack of discipline.  When will the offensive coordinator realize that running Robert up the middle will result in a consistent 1 yard gain.  It did look like they opened things up a bit but our lack of offense is very obvious.  A game we should have won.  Really bad.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

ProudCrusader

I agree. Had some new plays, but Limbaugh went back to his boring offense after the first quarter. Run blocking is bad on offense and special teams. We run the read option almost everytime we hand it to Washington; however, there is no reading...he gives it everytime no matter what...fit one yard. Haven't seen many post or slants. No way a linebacker can cover Maxwell in the slot, but Limbaugh can't figure out how to exploit that. Also terrible officiating today. Just awful.

valpofb16

Board definitely was more active before dropping law school, multiple sports , and mascot.

In terms of today. Same song same dance. At least we know Fox and Dougherty are keepers on D staff.

usc4valpo

I was listening to Todd and to say he was frustrated is an understatement. God bless him for his great service broadcasting for  this ever so challenging product for all these years. He has had to seen it all regarding football ineptness.

valpofb16

It's Unfortunate as I believe the Valpo offense is underachieving and not coached well. Usually it's a talent deal, but on paper, Ross, Reese, Orekoya , Washington, Nimz, Berry, Hebbler, Returning all 5 OL.

Just feel bad for Fox and kids

usc4valpo

Nimz may be a senior but makes a lot of mistakes as shown today.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 09, 2021, 07:36:31 PMIt's Unfortunate as I believe the Valpo offense is underachieving and not coached well. Usually it's a talent deal, but on paper, Ross, Reese, Orekoya , Washington, Nimz, Berry, Hebbler, Returning all 5 OL. Just feel bad for Foxand kids
I know I sound like a broken record but the offense has and has had since Fox took over no rhythm at all. There's talent there but it's not allowed to succeed.