• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Made my day

Started by VU75, March 05, 2012, 10:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU75

Western Illinois knocked off Oral Roberts and will advance to the finals for the first time since the 2OT game at the ARC. 

StlVUFan

valpotx

Wow, that is a huge upset, and probably knocks ORU from any kind of at-large consideration.  I would feel bad about this, but I dislike ORU as much as I do Butler, especially through playing/losing against them in baseball often  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

Great win for Western Illinois.  It is Championship week, and there will be upsets!

historyman

It does make someone say "hmmmmmmm.....about that double bye....maybe it's not so bad....also the #1 seed hosting instead of what turned out to be the #2 seed (S.Dakota St.) with the advantage because the tourney is in Sioux Falls, SD (not Brookings, SD home of SDSU) and the #1 seed (ORU) losing.

Of course, of course as long as that #1 seed is Oral Roberts or Butler it's okay for them to lose in the conference tourney.

P.S. Sioux Falls is roughly halfway between Brookings and Vermillion (home of Univ of S. Dakota).

P.P.S. just think, nerd, how much you would have enjoyed the Summit League tourney if Valpo had been in it. Only an 8 hour drive from Minot to Sioux Falls.

IndyValpo

There have been 27 Mid-Con/Summit tourneys prior to this one and Western Illinois has won one.  That was the first tourney in 1984.  They haven't been this close since our first 3 championship when there were runner-up.  It will be a long time before anyone matches our 8 titles. The closest being Oakland and ORU at 3 and ORU is leaving.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: historyman on March 06, 2012, 01:35:52 PM
It does make someone say "hmmmmmmm.....about that double bye....maybe it's not so bad....also the #1 seed hosting instead of what turned out to be the #2 seed (S.Dakota St.) with the advantage because the tourney is in Sioux Falls, SD (not Brookings, SD home of SDSU) and the #1 seed (ORU) losing.

Of course, of course as long as that #1 seed is Oral Roberts or Butler it's okay for them to lose in the conference tourney.

P.S. Sioux Falls is roughly halfway between Brookings and Vermillion (home of Univ of S. Dakota).

P.P.S. just think, nerd, how much you would have enjoyed the Summit League tourney if Valpo had been in it. Only an 8 hour drive from Minot to Sioux Falls.

if only. and if only i could've put in leave to get there too...