• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

#1 Crusader Baseball @ Horizon League Tourney

Started by jetz, May 20, 2012, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

That answers my question.  I was just going to ask (as I listen to the tied up game) which team I should root for ;)

valpotx

YSU takes a 1 run lead in the 6th!  We definitely want YSU to win this one...
"Don't mess with Texas"

StlVUFan

Never mind me, it just dawned on me tx was talking about the morning game and he already got the result he wanted.  This game wasn't as much of a question for me, though HLN announcer implies that YSU typically muscles up at tourney time.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

He must be WSU-focused then, because he obviously did not watch yesterday's 16-3 @$$ whooping by Valpo!   :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Alright boys, let's take care of UIC tonight, and then await the winner of UIC and....gasp....YSU, tomorrow!  Thank you Mr. Aquadro (YSU's pitcher who threw 8 2/3)!
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

maybe he is, but he wasn't wrong!  YSU wins 5-4, in another excellent championship series effort by Aquadro!  Glad they didn't pitch him against us (nor can they, now!)

Of course, if they get past UIC ;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo64

Having trouble as to who is left, winners bracket, losers bracket,schedule, etc,        Can somebody  fill us in on the details?    Thanks

StlVUFan

Valpo plays UIC tonight as the only two teams undefeated in the tourney.  The loser plays YSU tomorrow morning as the only two teams left with only 1 loss.  The winner of that game takes on the winner of tonight's game in the afternoon.  If no team is left with 0 losses after that, those two teams play again on Sunday I believe.  Otherwise the winner of tomorrow afternoon's game advances to the NCAA tourney.

valpo64

VULB#62

???  Anybody have a sense of how many VU fans are in attendance?

VULB#62

:thumbsup:    Great rally and win.     :thumbsup:

BTW I am up in northern Ontario (about 400 miles north of Toronto) on a consulting gig and I'm watching Valpo BB win a close one on the internet in my room at the Holiday Inn.  Doesn't get much better.  Cool, huh?  Gotta hand it to the HLTV network for that.

Get some sleep boys.  Big one tomorrow.

valpotx

Great win for the program, only one more and we go dancing in another sport.  I don't care if people use that term exclusively for basketball, as I sure will be dancing if we make it  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

How about that Mark Johnson?

Comes into Valpo's first game against YSU when Will Hagel gets hurt crashing into the left field wall on YSU's home run which was greatly wind aided. Johnson makes several tough tough catches in wind blown left field, all three outs in the 9th inning of the YSU game. Then in the UIC game delivers the game winning hit with 1 out in the bottom of the 8th inning with the bases loaded & the game on the line.

Outstanding! Now that is a great substitution.

It appears Hagel has suffered a shoulder seperation.

LaPorteAveApostle

c'mon, bbtds, i expect more from you, like "Hagel apparently is suffering from separation anxiety, since he got the cold shoulder" or something.

vu72

Watching the UIC-YSU game and what great coverage!  Three or four cameras with views into the dugout etc. versus one in the previous games.  Also great instant replays.  Can't wait for the Valpo game at 4!  GO VALPO!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on May 26, 2012, 09:18:47 AM
c'mon, bbtds, i expect more from you, like "Hagel apparently is suffering from separation anxiety, since he got the cold shoulder" or something.

You don't think Hagel is hurting from not being with his fellow players on the field? His shoulder should heal from it's muscle tearing but his friendship with his teammates will be forever fractured when he sits on the field furniture.  I'm sure Will needs a hug.  ;D

bbtds

Don't be surprised if this PBP guy on the HLN starts being more and more a UIC fan as the game goes on. He was trying to hide it last night but you could tell he was very disappointed when Valpo scored 3 in the 8th to take the lead. And then when Valpo had 2 runners thrown out at the plate he was overly dramatic for UIC. He's trying but his UIC loyalty comes through.

VULB#62

FWIW This afternoon he was very precise in listing individually, year-by-year, all the HL championships UIC has won in baseball.

Big improvement in camera coverage and use of replay -- that's pretty sweet.

vusupporter

It's the same way it was for softball - the host school is responsible for production for the early stages of the tournament, and then Webstream Productions comes in for the championship day(s).

valpotx

The plate umpire this game has a terrible strike zone! He is calling it several inches further than normal on each side of the plate.  I guess you can say he is at least being consistent, but I don't envy these hitters in having to swing at some of this crap...though I would love to hit against this UIC pitcher, as I face guys in my adult league in area that throw harder  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Anybody else notice they sang "Take me out to the Ball game" in the last 2 games?

valpotx

Well, hopefully we come out and score early for tomorrow's game!  I really would hate to see UIC in the NCAA tournament while being 10+ games under 0.500.  It just makes the conference look so bad when you have one of those teams...
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

:-*Tough loss in a great very tight game.  We'll get it done tomorrow!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Whoever starts on the mound better have good stuff in the 1st inning.