• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball Conference Tourney

Started by valpotx, May 23, 2013, 11:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUfan

Bottom of the 7Th ,two on no out ,3-0 Valpo making look easy ! let's close them out!!!!!! ::)

VUfan

3-0 win !!!!!!!!1 NCAA;s here we Go....... :thumbsup:

talksalot

Bickering aside... CONGRATS BROWN AND GOLD!   ANOTHER BANNER YEAR !!  Lets make a run in the NCAA Tournament.  Great Job by Lundeen today... many more to come...  Can I get a Ho Hum!

valpotx

Awesome job guys!  Great to see us in back-to-back NCAA tournaments in both softball and baseball.  All of our team sports programs are doing well and making progress (except football, of course).  Now, if we can only make some progress in the more individual sports (S&D, T&F, CC). 

Let's win at least 1 in the regional!  Maybe we get placed in a TX regional this year, which would be my luck, as starting on 6/7, I will be on a 2 week honeymoon lol.
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valposter

Congrats Valpo Baseball!!!!!!  NCAA Tourny Bound!!!!!!!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valpotx

It will be interesting to see which regional we will be placed in.  I don't see any Midwest or Northeast regionals happening this year, but you never know
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Never mind, IU is apparently #16, so I believe that the NCAA committee will throw the Big 10 a bone again this year and let IU host a regional, as they have complained every year about the lack of their teams in the baseball tourney.  They are predicted to have 3 this year, which would be the most in a long time, I believe (IU, OSU, and Illinois).

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball/id/9297342/oregon-louisville-other-contenders-final-national-seed-college-baseball
"Don't mess with Texas"

Dave_2010

Quote from: valpotx on May 26, 2013, 12:22:52 PMAwesome job guys!  Great to see us in back-to-back NCAA tournaments in both softball and baseball.  All of our team sports programs are doing well and making progress (except football, of course).

Yesterday on Twitter, Paul Oren mentioned that the only other HL/MCC school to ever complete the baseball/softball double championship in consecutive years was Notre Dame back when they were in the league as a non-basketball member...I'd say that's pretty good company.

HC

Yes! Send us back to the Steelyard!

sliman

Congrats to a coach who instills it and a group of young men who display a never-quit approach to the game.  Several times this season, it would have been easy to hang it up, but they stuck with it and kept the goal in sight.  Super job!

valpotx

I'm thinking that we get placed in either the IU or Louisville regionals, but we will find out in an hour!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Interesting to note that ORU was eliminated from a conference tournament for the first time since 1984, and won't be making the NCAA tourney for the first time in a LONG time.  That move to the Southland really looks stupid now, as they primarily made it for geographic and NCAA bid reasons!  The best I can see, it was around 1995-1996 that they last were excluded from the NCAAs...

http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17000&ATCLID=207932560

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts_Golden_Eagles_baseball
"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

Yeah that UWM fanboy has as much credibility as UIC being a done deal to move to the MVC next season.

valpotx

Indiana
Valpo

Florida
Austin Peay

The scariest team to me is Florida in our regional.  I think that we can beat IU and Austin Peay if we play our game.  Florida is a tough out regardless of record in any year.  Just like last year, we are in a regional where we can win games...much better than being sent to a Southern regional
"Don't mess with Texas"