• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Predicting December

Started by wh, November 28, 2013, 07:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will our December record be?

6-0
1 (2.9%)
5-1
10 (29.4%)
4-2
19 (55.9%)
3-3
3 (8.8%)
2-4
1 (2.9%)
1-5
0 (0%)
0-6
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: December 03, 2013, 07:45:37 PM

wh

Following is our 6-game December schedule, 2 of which are at the ARC:

Wed, Dec 4    at Ball State

Sat, Dec 7    Saint Louis   (ARC)

Sat, Dec 14    Loyola Marymount (ARC)

Jackson Hewitt UCF Holiday Classic Orlando, FL*

Sat, Dec 21    vs Southeastern

Sun, Dec 22  at UCF

Sun, Dec 29 at East Tennessee State

What will our December record be?

*Keith Carter will be eligible starting with the UCF Holiday Classic.

truth219

I say 6-0

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

HC

swiftmutiny

I predict we lose to St. Louis and let a road game slip away from us, most likely in our second game against UCF. 5-1 would not surprise me though.

talksalot

No looking for wins over St.Louis or at UCF.

historyman

I think Valpo beats Ball St and St Louis to get a great start to December. But then the team has a lapse against either LMU or UCF. Then Valpo recovers and wins out in December for a 5-1 record. Remember we have not been out of any game and many of the tough games are at home.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

covufan

I think we continue to improve as a team, are competitive in every game, but still end up with a 5-1 record in Decenber.

Looking forward to the HL season and beyond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_2010

4-2 with losses to St. Louis and at UCF.

The Ball State game will be the most interesting for comparison's sake. The Cardinals play at Cleveland State tomorrow afternoon before hosting us midweek. It will be nice to see how the Crusaders compare to one of the top-3 programs in the league against a common opponent.

78crusader

valpotx

I said 4-2, with losses against SLU and at UCF
"Don't mess with Texas"

SanityLost17

Fan Me = 5-1
Realistic Me = 4-2 

I think this team still has some learning to do.  Something will come up that gets in the way of a 6-0 or 5-1 December.  A player that simply can't miss.  A defense that really limits our open looks and confuses us.  A coach that takes advantage of a weakness not yet exploited.  I really liked this team, but there are many situations this young team has simply not faced yet.

I also think we will lose 4-6 games in conference.  Meaning we should win over 20 games.  Proving that from now on Valpo does not rebuild, they reload!     

atkins

SLU is better than any of the other teams we play this season.  Not even close.  To beat SLU, we have to play our best game of the year.  SLU just played tenth-ranked Wisconsin tight, despite the fact that Wisconsin shot nearly 50 percent from the field, and SLU shot 33 percent.  SLU is substantially more formidable than Illinois, so we should be happy to come out with a loss by less than a dozen.

Maybe SLU will have an off game, and Valpo will shoot the lights out.  We'll see...

We're a couple of years off from being a SLU-caliber team.  When the current freshmen are juniors, watch out. 

VUfan

4-2 if our D improves if not look out last night is a for taste of things to come.

classof2014

5-1. The team seems to be playing great. I think we lose to either SLU or UCF. KC becomes eligible after 3 games and I am excited to see what he brings. Hopefully what people are saying is true. Everyone else has been exceeding expectations. Why not KC too?

wh

For anyone who is yet to vote and would like to, the poll closes this evening at 7:45 p.m.

Good luck to everyone, especially our 6-0 and 5-1 predictors!  :)

a3uge

Since my brain said 4-5 last month and they ended 5-4, I'm going to say 4-2 because my brain thinks they'll drop the LMU game.

justducky

I will also go with 4-2 but don't know where those losses will happen. This is a team that is just good enough that they could win all 6 or young enough, injured enough, and unpredictable enough that they could go 2-4. Should be some great games.

bbtds

With the way UCF played against FAU tonight I just don't see Valpo losing to UCF. That is the same FAU that got beat by Detroit 77-44. I see SLU and LMU as being our two toughest opponents in December and both games are at home.

EddieCabot

Quote from: valpotx on November 29, 2013, 03:18:27 PM

I didn't vote in time, but I tend to agree with valpotx on 4-2 and also think SLU and UCF are the two toughest games.  With that said, anything from 3-3 to 6-0 would surprise me.

classof2014

Quote from: EddieCabot on December 03, 2013, 10:03:22 PM

I didn't vote in time, but I tend to agree with valpotx on 4-2 and also think SLU and UCF are the two toughest games.  With that said, anything from 3-3 to 6-0 would surprise me.

Your logic here makes no sense. You said you would be surprised with a 3-3 to 6-0 record, yet you said you think they will be 4-2...   :lol:

EddieCabot

Quote from: classof2014 on December 03, 2013, 10:14:57 PM
Quote from: EddieCabot on December 03, 2013, 10:03:22 PM

Your logic here makes no sense. You said you would be surprised with a 3-3 to 6-0 record, yet you said you think they will be 4-2...   :lol:

Actually, my typing makes no sense.  I meant I "wouldn't" be surprised with 3-3 to 6-0.  Sorry for that.  :-[

vu84v2

I did not get into the voting in time, but I would also say 4-2.  I think 5-1 is a real possibility, with the St. Louis gamer too much to ask of this team at this point in the season (but hope that I am wrong).  There will likely be one slip-up among the five other games that Valpo realistically could win. 

We all think that the team will improve even more when Carter is eligible, but while I hope that is true it is more likely that it will take time for him to fit in on the floor.