• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Black Thursday---a Thread for Nice Keith Posts ONLY

Started by Crusader03, March 15, 2012, 06:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okinawatyphoon

03 was clearly just here on some Keith Freeman love tour, but it's over now.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

sectionee

ValpoHoops

Quote from: sectionee on March 17, 2012, 06:28:02 PM
I don't think we've seen the last of sader'03

Probably not, considering that he's done this act before...

DMvalpo18

I know that Crusader 03 has left pretty abruptly. He often referenced me in his posts, usually in a positive manner. Not sure what to make of his praise, but it is what it is. Do you guys happen to remember dcvalpo at all? I may be wrong about this, but there were certain times when his posts seemed similar to what that guy used to say. It was almost uncanny. I could be a little off base on that, but it's just a thought.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 17, 2012, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: sectionee on March 17, 2012, 06:28:02 PM
I don't think we've seen the last of sader'03

Probably not, considering that he's done this act before...

Quote from: DMvalpo18 on March 18, 2012, 12:07:45 AM
I know that Crusader 03 has left pretty abruptly. He often referenced me in his posts, usually in a positive manner. Not sure what to make of his praise, but it is what it is. Do you guys happen to remember dcvalpo at all? I may be wrong about this, but there were certain times when his posts seemed similar to what that guy used to say. It was almost uncanny. I could be a little off base on that, but it's just a thought.

If you care to put two and two together here, I'm pretty sure most of you will come up with four :)

valporun

Great to see that this thread has gone from the "positives" of Keith Freeman's coaching ability to the "positives" of Crusader03 putting his tail between his legs or taking his ball and leave the board. I'm sure my comments about the progressive "flip-flopping" of support for the women's team this year had more to add to it then I believe it should have, as I was stating a simple fact that from game-to-game, we'd see 03 or jack being so supportive of the team, then when the next game ends, if it was a loss, they were jumping all over Freeman's coaching decisions. It was difficult to agree/disagree with any of their support because it was a mess of "hot garbage" they were throwing around here about how they loved the fight the 6 healthy girls were putting out there, then ripping Freeman for not using what available bench he had for whatever reasons he chose. I'm sure Crusader03 was glad to see Freeman go, but if you want him gone, fine...but don't start a new thread thanking him for his time at VU and wanting a "memorial"/nice posts about a guy you wanted to fire back in December or January.

jack

For the record, I have always supported the ladies and their effort, have frequently disagreed with Freeman's choice of game plans, and substitutions, and have, from time to time questioned our skill sets at a given possition on the floor. I've always voiced these concerns, and don't see that changing if improvements at all levels aren't apparent. This is a D1 program, and we need to be able to compete as one. I felt Freeman did a decent job with the hand he was delt, but, to be honest, I saw 14 W's that we should have achieved, with the same hand. It's time for change, and the university see's that, as do the players, and fans. I will continue to support the players no matter what hand they are dealt next season.

sectionee

Sader has never even seen a women's game, getting you guys riled up with his obvious sarcasm was fun for him for some reason! I can guarantee you any comment IU made towrds him had no effect on him at all.

StlVUFan

Quote from: sectionee on March 18, 2012, 04:44:32 PM
Sader has never even seen a women's game, getting you guys riled up with his obvious sarcasm was fun for him for some reason! I can guarantee you any comment IU made towrds him had no effect on him at all.

IU?  Aren't they busy getting ready for the Sweet Sixteen?

My guess is we'll see a new poster at some point that seems to have the same attitude.

To tell the truth, I'm not terribly impressed with trolls (the technical internet definition of what you are talking about).  Taken as such, they're harmless, but they aren't the least bit impressive.

vuweathernerd

don't feed them and they starve and die, aka go away.

sectionee

It was supposed to say you not IU, what's the technical Internet expression for someone correcting others grammatical errors?

StlVUFan

Quote from: sectionee on March 18, 2012, 06:15:13 PM
It was supposed to say you not IU, what's the technical Internet expression for someone correcting others grammatical errors?

I had no idea what you meant.  IndyValpo was another plausible correction (IV?).

sectionee

Eh it's all good. I'm tired and a bit cranky right now!

StlVUFan

Quote from: sectionee on March 18, 2012, 07:22:09 PM
Eh it's all good. I'm tired and a bit cranky right now!

Me too on both accounts, though Lehigh is reviving my spirits right now ;)

DMvalpo18

Quote from: valporun on March 18, 2012, 02:22:45 PM
Great to see that this thread has gone from the "positives" of Keith Freeman's coaching ability to the "positives" of Crusader03 putting his tail between his legs or taking his ball and leave the board. I'm sure my comments about the progressive "flip-flopping" of support for the women's team this year had more to add to it then I believe it should have, as I was stating a simple fact that from game-to-game, we'd see 03 or jack being so supportive of the team, then when the next game ends, if it was a loss, they were jumping all over Freeman's coaching decisions. It was difficult to agree/disagree with any of their support because it was a mess of "hot garbage" they were throwing around here about how they loved the fight the 6 healthy girls were putting out there, then ripping Freeman for not using what available bench he had for whatever reasons he chose. I'm sure Crusader03 was glad to see Freeman go, but if you want him gone, fine...but don't start a new thread thanking him for his time at VU and wanting a "memorial"/nice posts about a guy you wanted to fire back in December or January.

Although I can remember numerous occasions on which 03 was being melodramatic about a loss that didn't really matter (basically every time), I don't think you can say he was ever calling for Freeman to be ousted, or suggesting he leave of his own will. That guy was a Freeman fanatic. As far as the sincerity involved in that fanaticism, that is for each of you to decide. I know where I'm at though.

covufan

Quote from: DMvalpo18 on March 18, 2012, 10:26:56 PMAlthough I can remember numerous occasions on which 03 was being melodramatic about a loss that didn't really matter (basically every time), I don't think you can say he was ever calling for Freeman to be ousted, or suggesting he leave of his own will. That guy was a Freeman fanatic. As far as the sincerity involved in that fanaticism, that is for each of you to decide. I know where I'm at though.
Yeah, it seemed 03 was really for a wholesale change to the women's team: get rid of the whole staff except Freeman, and get all new players.  If Freeman had a problem with Kirby or the recruiting, why didn't Freeman take care of it prior to this season?

valporun

Kirby was like a mentor/best friend in the coaching circle to Freeman. He obviously didn't want to get rid of his mentor.