• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

UWGB @ CSU - 2/15/2013

Started by ValpoHoops, February 15, 2013, 07:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoHoops

Just thought I'd start something on this game on its own. Game starts at 8:00 (CST) and is on ESPNU tonight.

Should the Phoenix lose, we can sew up the #1 seed with a win tomorrow.

Cleveland State is coming of of a couple of tough losses and this is a long trip for Green Bay. They will also be without Cerrone, so they will have to make that adjustment on the fly....

HC

CSU isn't nearly as terrible at home as they are on the road. A Viking win wouldn't be too surprising.

agibson

Indeed, 6-3 at home this season.  Losing only to Kent State, Loyola, and us.  Home wins against Detroit, UIC, YSU, Toldo, and a couple of 300+ RPI teams (not even counting Milwaukee - that's Sunday).

ESPN3?  Blacked out.  No surprise for ESPNU.

But, man, they even black out ESPN games?  Who has access to ESPN3 but not to ESPN?  Why don't they want you watching on your computer?

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on February 15, 2013, 08:03:35 PMBut, man, they even black out ESPN games?  Who has access to ESPN3 but not to ESPN?  Why don't they want you watching on your computer?

Weird. They must have heard you. My blackout was lifted and now I'm watching the GB at CSU game on ESPN 3. By the way sometimes having to work late, monitoring computer messages between fellow employees, so I always have internet access but not ESPN.

ValpoHoops

The game tipped off at like 8:07, I think they were waiting, hoping the Iona/manhattan game wouldn't go to overtime....they're currently getting ready to start 2ot there. "Our" game is currently airing on espnews.

vuweathernerd

Brown can't buy a bucket. Looks kind of out of sync.

agibson

Quote from: ValpoHoops on February 15, 2013, 08:22:13 PM
The game tipped off at like 8:07, I think they were waiting, hoping the Iona/manhattan game wouldn't go to overtime....they're currently getting ready to start 2ot there. "Our" game is currently airing on espnews.

Fascinating!  So, they lifted the black out to go along with it?   On my ESPN3 feed it carries the ESPNU logo.

CSU up 32-21, two minutes to go in the half.

(Though I really lose track of who I should be rooting for... It'd be fun to clinch tomorrow.  But, I suppose we'd be happy for Green Bay to finish ahead of Detroit in the conference table?)

talksalot

and the Vikings up 9 at the break... good so far...

vuweathernerd

Phoenix working back into it in the second half. Defensive adjustments are causing problems for csu.

talksalot

I'll say... GB shooting 53% and CSU shooting 4-17 23% in the second half... GB 10 pts in the paint / 10 pts off turnovers... GB up 4 with 4:01 to go...

agibson

And UWGB takes it with a huge second half.

talksalot

Be fun to read the post game comments on how GB stole it...

bbtds

agibson

Now, I'll confess that I didn't follow StlVU this far through his logic,
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1236.msg25913#msg25913
but, apparently we're supposed to root for UIC to beat Loyola?  That this would be enough for us to clinch against Detroit?

They're not cooperating, of course.  Down 30-17 with 2:24 to play in the first half.

agibson

UIC's at least making a game of it - closed to within four, 58-54 with five minutes to play.