• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The March to the Arch Podcast

Started by MarchArchPod, August 29, 2019, 10:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarchArchPod

Valpo Fans,

We have started a brand new podcast, covering all things Missouri Valley.

You can find us on Anchor or Spotify!

*We will be on Apple Podcasts in the next couple days.

This is a casual conversation talking all things MVC, from two people who love the league.  In our first episode, we cover last season as well as coaching changes and the coaches overall.  We hope you listen and enjoy.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Contact us on here or: 

@MarchArchPod
@MarchArchBaker

Thanks!

MarchArchPod

*Update*

We are now on Apple Podcasts!

You can find us on:

-Apple Podcasts
-Downcast
-Anchor
-Spotify

Thanks!

MarchArchPod

*Update*

Episode 2 of the Podcast is up!

Find it on:
-Apple Podcasts
-Spotify
-Downcast
-Anchor

In this episode, we talk about  your Valpo Crusaders and Evansville in our first edition of our '2-a-days.'

Hope you all enjoy! The response to the podcast has been overwhelming and we are very appreciative of all of you who have listened. We honestly didn't realize how many Valley fans our there were looking for this kind of content, and we are happy to do it. It has been a lot of fun for us.

Also, you can contact us at the following

@MarchArchPod

@MarchArchBaker

MarchArchMailbag@gmail.com - here you can send questions, feedback or anything really, also love to get some topic ideas on things you may want to hear us bat around.

vu72

They are (rightfully) giving us zero respect.  Having said that, I doubt they really did much digging either.  Yes, a mention of winning four games in Canada, but no mention about us beating Carleton and what, historically that has meant.  No mention of us landing a first team All-Illinois kid nor a top 10 kid from Canada.  I get it, we have a bunch of unknowns and I kinda like us probably being projected last to second last in the Valley.  Time will tell...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

MarchArchPod

Quote from: vu72 on September 06, 2019, 03:14:20 PM
They are (rightfully) giving us zero respect.  Having said that, I doubt they really did much digging either.  Yes, a mention of winning four games in Canada, but no mention about us beating Carleton and what, historically that has meant.  No mention of us landing a first team All-Illinois kid nor a top 10 kid from Canada.  I get it, we have a bunch of unknowns and I kinda like us probably being projected last to second last in the Valley.  Time will tell...

FWIW, your section got deleted, and we had to re-record, so much of the conversation was lost >:(.  But neither of us give Valpo a ton of faith this year, it's hard to when you are forced to replace all of the scoring. 

End of the day though, it is far better for the Valley, if Valpo is good, that's unquestioned.

Thanks for listening and the feedback!

MarchArchPod

New episode is up!  This week we talk Birds and Trees, thanks for listening and any feedback is welcome!

bbtds

Quote from: MarchArchPod on September 13, 2019, 08:21:34 PM
New episode is up!  This week we talk Birds and Trees, thanks for listening and any feedback is welcome!

Please don't call us the 'saders.

VUBBFan

Must say I have enjoyed your podcasts. It's nice to have some passionate and knowledgeable fans reporting on the MVC. Hope you keep it going.

In response to Vance's challenge of finding more court talk than sight seeing pictures on the foreign tour, Valpo definitely had more social meeting posts on the games themselves than tour pictures. Including a Sports Center top ten play for the Carleton game.

Also in response to you talking about Gerry Pollard taking more time for viewing replays, I'm reposting one of my tweets about him from last year.

https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1065739740434128897

MarchArchPod

Quote from: bbtds on September 14, 2019, 11:32:19 AM
Quote from: MarchArchPod on September 13, 2019, 08:21:34 PMNew episode is up!  This week we talk Birds and Trees, thanks for listening and any feedback is welcome!
Please don't call us the 'saders.

Haha, I love it!

MarchArchPod

'Sader Fans......Haha, jk

Valpo Fans,

The Podcast is starting to get some real traction, so thank you all for listening and sending us all of your feedback.  So far we have released 5 episodes...

E1: Intros/Coaching Changes
E2: Evansville/Valpo/Valley Schedule Release
E3: Illinois State/Indiana State/Rule Changes
E4: Missouri State/Northern Iowa/News
E5: Drake/Southern Illinois/News

If you have been keeping up, and haven't reached out, love to get feedback from you.  Up next, we are doing our final 2-a-day episode with the Bradley Braves and Loyola Ramblers, plus our observations from a busy week with Valley Media Day.

You can find us on all the major podcast outlets - Apple Podcasts - Downcast - Spotify - Anchor - and more!

Contact us at:
@MarchArchPod (Twitter)
@MarchArchBaker (Twitter)
MarchArchMailbag@gmail.com (Gmail)

If you reach out, we will get back to you at some point, just always want to keep the conversation rolling!  Also, if you have any friends that would enjoy our show, please spread the word! Go Valley!

VUBBFan

Tried to message to your Twitter account but failed. So I thought I'd try doing it here, if you still monitor this feed.

Said you would like some feed back on the atmosphere and feel of the games. Here are a few clips of our game with Toledo. By accident they kind of come across as highlights of Javon, but it was really a team win.

https://twitter.com/ValpoBasketball/status/1191927449443024897

https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1191901166881398784

In this one I'm the crazy guy in the white sweatshirt waving my arms.
https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1191988359524167681

VALPO LI

6 hours to tip off on this cold and brisk afternoon.  I don't want to rake leaves and it's just a little to early to drink beer so I thought I would give a listen to the latest news, talks and takes from the March to the Arch boys in Central Illinois.  Not even 2 minutes in my jaw hit the ground when I heard Vance is to frugal to purchase the ESPN+ package.  How can this be?  Can a host of a MVC Basketball podcast give unbiased comments without seeing the games ???
Valpo fans....its time to make a difference in somebody's life today.  Let's dig deep into our pockets for this good cause.  For just less than the price of a cup a coffee a day we can support our fellow podcast host to purchase ESPN+  We can set up a Go Fund Me account and help Vance out.
Shine on Vu

SanityLost17

Quote from: VALPO LI on November 09, 2019, 12:22:57 PM
6 hours to tip off on this cold and brisk afternoon.  I don't want to rake leaves and it's just a little to early to drink beer so I thought I would give a listen to the latest news, talks and takes from the March to the Arch boys in Central Illinois.  Not even 2 minutes in my jaw hit the ground when I heard Vance is to frugal to purchase the ESPN+ package.  How can this be?  Can a host of a MVC Basketball podcast give unbiased comments without seeing the games ???
Valpo fans....its time to make a difference in somebody's life today.  Let's dig deep into our pockets for this good cause.  For just less than the price of a cup a coffee a day we can support our fellow podcast host to purchase ESPN+  We can set up a Go Fund Me account and help Vance out.

Sorry.... You lost me at, "just a little to early to drink beer." 

VALPO LI

Always looking out Sainty.  Just had an irish car bomb to get myself warmed up!!!
Can I say that word on this website? "Irish" :cheers:
Shine on Vu

MarchArchPod

Quote from: VALPO LI on November 09, 2019, 12:22:57 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I love it!  Yeah, Vance should have ESPN Plus, no excuses...but, that Disney Plus comes out tomorrow, so he will have it then.  Thanks for the feedback.  Going to record our next episode Wednesday, and our guest was at the game Saturday, and has some great things to say about Valparaiso.  Thanks for Listening!

MarchArchPod

Quote from: VUBBFan on November 06, 2019, 10:44:36 PM
Tried to message to your Twitter account but failed. So I thought I'd try doing it here, if you still monitor this feed.

Said you would like some feed back on the atmosphere and feel of the games. Here are a few clips of our game with Toledo. By accident they kind of come across as highlights of Javon, but it was really a team win.

https://twitter.com/ValpoBasketball/status/1191927449443024897

https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1191901166881398784

In this one I'm the crazy guy in the white sweatshirt waving my arms.
https://twitter.com/AlBillets/status/1191988359524167681

I love the explosion from the fans after the game winner!  Hopefully a win like that will keep the faithful coming and supporting the troops.  That Toledo team is no joke, a huge win for Valpo.  Tough loss on Saturday, but a good chance to get 2 wins this week.

Thanks for Listening!

VUBBFan

On their latest podcast there is a lot of good comments about Valpo. They give a good insight to the Valley.
Worth a listen.