• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Womens Basketball 2020-2021

Started by VUGrad1314, May 21, 2020, 08:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piledriver

I forgot to count the recent transfer.

Zacker is not returning. Not sure about Butler, the other walk-on.

Morrison plans to return unless she finds a job and starts her working career. Pitts is expecting a child, so not sure about her status.

valpotx

Ah, that explains why Pitts didn't play after the first few games.  Congrats to her!  I remember that Dawn Vandermeer also had her college basketball career shortened, due to getting pregnant.
"Don't mess with Texas"

cornonthe

Quote from: valpotx on April 28, 2021, 01:31:22 AM
Ah, that explains why Pitts didn't play after the first few games.  Congrats to her!  I remember that Dawn Vandermeer also had her college basketball career shortened, due to getting pregnant.
And Shantil Robinson from several years ago, maybe a decade even. She actually came back and the team and coaching staff helped out with the baby/child...

valporun

Quote from: valpotx on April 28, 2021, 01:31:22 AM

Dawn's daughter just turned 17. Dawn was a local kid. Her brother went to UIC around the same time.

IndyValpo

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2021/05/14/detroit-mercy-womens-basketball-maxine-moore-annmarie-gilbert/5074511001/

Former VU walk on gets a mention.

Interesting article the entire team plus parents complained to the AD about the coach and he ultimately supported the coach and everyone but one left and she has been told he can keep a scholarship but not play.

IndyValpo

Top assistant Gabby Johnson is no longer listed as a coach so expect another new coach.

Update: Gabby named to staff at Butler. She has been retweeting Butler stuff for a couple of weeks so this isn't a surprise.