• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

another transfer possibility?

Started by vufan75, January 08, 2013, 05:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Quote from: valpotx on October 24, 2013, 10:57:52 AM
That is simply absurd.  I would be all over this if I was in the athletic department, as it makes absolutely no sense.
I can't think of better words to describe what I'm thinking.  Makes no sense.

I posted this earlier this year:

Quote from: covufan on January 17, 2013, 06:16:10 PM
I still don't get these mid-season transfers, or the rules.  He played one semester at SLU, transfers to VU.  Two semesters at VU with no play, but eligible for the second half of 2013-14, then two more years.  One semester at SLU, 7 at VU, with only six eligible for playing basketball.  If he had waited a semester, he would have one year at SLU, one year at VU without playing, and 3 more years playing at VU - or 5 years to play 4.  I understand that he wants to move forward with his career, but shouldn't the NCAA allow for him to still play 8 semesters?

LaPorteAveApostle

Yeah, obviously I've been complaining about this since he transferred, but if he doesn't get admitted, I will be flippin IRATE!

Make 'em all sit or let 'em all play.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

classof2014

I understand the transfer rule. They don't want kids transferring left and right.... but kids transfer left and right.

I say abolish the redshirt rule and I doubt any more people will transfer than they have been recently and it will make everything easier as well on everybody.

FWalum

Oren says that Smith complained about belittlement from coaches regarding his weight. Didn't Carter complain that STLU coaches wanted him to come back too early from his injury? Let's see, beratement about injury and death of coach should equal full eligibility.....

The NCAA is as bad or worse than Congress
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

classof2014

FWalum

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpotx

Seriously, this is a bunch of crap.  Who cares if his father accepted another job at Oregon?  That shouldn't affect his playing status any more than Carter's status...
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU75

Quote from: FWalum on October 24, 2013, 10:34:09 PMOren says that Smith complained about belittlement from coaches regarding his weight.

If that's the case maybe the women's team could get a wavier for Annemarie Hamlet.

wh

I wonder if the people at the NCAA responsible for getting the waiver thing right have family members who oversaw development of the new obamacare enrollment website?  The level of incompetence in government and non-competitive enterprises like the NCAA is beyond comprehension.

covufan

Quote from: FWalum on October 24, 2013, 10:34:09 PMThe NCAA is as bad or worse than Congress
Maybe on open letter to Congress would get them to investigate the NCAA?  "Please explain Mr. Carter's review by the NCAA", and again for Jospeph Young, and Mr. Parrish.  It could become a bi-partison problem for the NCAA.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: wh on October 25, 2013, 06:13:34 PMI wonder if the people at the NCAA responsible for getting the waiver thing right have family members who oversaw development of the new obamacare enrollment website? 
no.  occasionally the ncaa does get something right.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa