• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Student Section of the Year Voting

Started by govalpogo, January 23, 2013, 06:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

govalpogo

HC

Great turnout tonight! More of that please!

I thought when they were chanting daddy's boy that they were saying Ray you suck

valporun

In terms of "The Shot" voting, CBS is showing the TOP 10 BUZZER-BEATERS at 11:30CT, prior to the start of the Ohio State-Wisconsin game at 12CT. I'll definitely check it out, to see where Bryce lands in this poll.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on February 17, 2013, 11:20:08 AM
In terms of "The Shot" voting, CBS is showing the TOP 10 BUZZER-BEATERS at 11:30CT, prior to the start of the Ohio State-Wisconsin game at 12CT. I'll definitely check it out, to see where Bryce lands in this poll.

number 4, from what i saw on facebook yesterday

agibson

So, where's it go from here with The Shot?

Voting continues?

valpo84

Was at the game on Saturday and commend the student section for their efforts. Turn out was impressive. But what was up with th # and 1 dudes who shot FTs. Both were 0 for the time out. Really? It's Indiana, hit your free throws. If they were Phi Delts, it's a sad sad day for the best fraternity on the hills of Valpo U.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

HC

My wife sent me a link on Facebook that has Valpo's Harlem Shake as the best so far!  We are down to 10th in the voting despite my best efforts.

historyman

Quote from: HC on February 18, 2013, 05:04:09 PMMy wife sent me a link on Facebook that has Valpo's Harlem Shake as the best so far!  We are down to 10th in the voting despite my best efforts.

I thought I felt a lot of hot air lately. That must have been the Cyclone student section from Ames, IA blowing by us into 9th place.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Quote from: HC on February 18, 2013, 05:04:09 PM
My wife sent me a link on Facebook that has Valpo's Harlem Shake as the best so far! 

Huh - so that's what was going on over there.  From AA I just sort of saw the tricycles and wondered.

valpopal

Quote from: valpo84 on February 18, 2013, 10:29:40 AM
Was at the game on Saturday and commend the student section for their efforts.

Yes, the students should be proud of the attendance and enthusiasm at Saturday's game, as a couple of my photos below show. I think this should be the atmosphere more often during a season.

ValpoHoops

The Harlem Shake they did also was VERY close to getting us a technical...the officials had to run in and get the students away from the Detroit huddle and off the court. At one point, they were literally withing a foot or two of the Detroit folks standing around the timeout.

I love the enthusiasm, love the noise and love how full the place was, but my goodness what would the reaction have been if they assessed us a bench technical....

agibson

And it didn't even get the PA announcement!  That was for the inflatable beach ball action that got a little out of hand...

Besides, shouldn't they warn you first?  Now, VU fans, if you Harlem Shake again, we're going to T you up! ;)

KL31NY

Double checked the rule book, and the phrase "Harlem Shake" does not appear once. ;D I guess that's why the rule book includes the all-important "elastic power" rule to give refs the authority to judge matters not directly in the book.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpotx

Quote from: ValpoHoops on February 18, 2013, 09:48:13 PM
The Harlem Shake they did also was VERY close to getting us a technical...the officials had to run in and get the students away from the Detroit huddle and off the court. At one point, they were literally withing a foot or two of the Detroit folks standing around the timeout.

I love the enthusiasm, love the noise and love how full the place was, but my goodness what would the reaction have been if they assessed us a bench technical....

Maybe the technical would have helped us  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

Kyle321n

Quote from: agibson on February 16, 2013, 03:13:11 PM
Quote from: agibson on February 15, 2013, 07:01:41 AMValpo... still in 9th. Vote today! http://www.facebook.com/ilovecollegehoops/app_585093751508025

We were down to 10 yesterday, but we're back up to 9.  Voting ends Friday. If you have a gmail account you can register as many accounts as you'd want by adding periods and plus signs to your user name side of the address.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

vu72

Still at 9, just put in my 21st vote! Also voted for the shot!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

govalpogo

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 19, 2013, 10:06:05 AM
Quote from: agibson on February 16, 2013, 03:13:11 PM
Quote from: agibson on February 15, 2013, 07:01:41 AMValpo... still in 9th. Vote today! http://www.facebook.com/ilovecollegehoops/app_585093751508025

We were down to 10 yesterday, but we're back up to 9.  Voting ends Friday. If you have a gmail account you can register as many accounts as you'd want by adding periods and plus signs to your user name side of the address.

Just voted 50 times...eyes burning out of my skull...let's do this!

bbtds

Unfortunately the Cyclowns have passed us again and were back in 10th place.

agibson

agibson

Does voting close today?  If you have any heroic measures, now's the time.

http://www.facebook.com/ilovecollegehoops/app_585093751508025

Vote today!  Still in 10th!