• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Men's Soccer Thread

Started by historyman, September 14, 2013, 12:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Men's Soccer Dayton at Valpo

LIVE VIDEO: http://www.horizonleague.org/live/11684

7:00 p.m. EDT / 6:00 p.m. CDT

vu72

Quote from: bbtds on September 29, 2014, 03:40:50 PM
Men's Soccer Dayton at Valpo

LIVE VIDEO: http://www.horizonleague.org/live/11684

7:00 p.m. EDT / 6:00 p.m. CDT

OK, I'll bite.  What does a Marist football helmut have to do with a Dayton/Valpo soccer game??  :crazy:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: vu72 on September 29, 2014, 03:53:57 PM

OK, I'll bite.  What does a Marist football helmut have to do with a Dayton/Valpo soccer game??  :crazy:

Actually just saw how big that is. It will be changed. It said OUTSMART-logo.

bbtds

http://www.valpoathletics.com/msoccer/roster/2014-15/7501/jacob-gandarilla/#.VCnokGddXh4

Gandarilla (Gahn-dah-ree-ah) is really itching for a goal!!!

If he does score we ought to CLAP really loud! (just can't help it)

DRIBBLE-DRIBBLE-DRIBBLE

bbtds

Howell, freshman, another Kingston area mon. Jaimaca a goal??

1-0 VALPO!!!!!!!

Gotta beat UIC!!!

VULB#62

Quote from: bbtds on September 29, 2014, 06:46:49 PM
Howell, freshman, another Kingston area mon. Jaimaca a goal??

1-0 VALPO!!!!!!!

Gotta beat UIC!!!

Great post bbtds!

Our side is pressing Dayton and controlling time of possession.  Dayton has not demonstrated any capability to put together a coordinated attack -- credit the VU D.  Dayton ZERO shots.  Maybe it's a good thing we got them coming off the 1-0 win at Ohio State.  Can't let up like we did at Belmont and concede a goal.  That lesson should be fresh in the kids' minds.

The mike in the press box is on.  "Porta-potty" hello!   "Helluva first half!" oops!

Gotta admit that the Brown Field venue looks much much better what with the new track than the way it was last year at this time.

bbtds

Unfortunately Dayton has scored twice off the vaunted Valpo D and it's 2-1 Flyers with 5 minutes to play

VULB#62

GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

OT!

The mike is still on..  "Holy $h!!!!#"    Jeeze!

vu72

Incredible!  Now, the finish it off!! :thewave:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Wow! My processor went down after my last post. Incredible and unprecedented come back!

okinawatyphoon

Bit of a sloppy finish, but a tie is a tie!  :thumbsup:
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

bbtds

Ends 2-2.

A draw is better than a loss.

VULB#62

Indeed.   Next practice:  set piece defense.

VULB#62

The latest (9/30) NSCAA Coaches poll has Valpo receiving national recognition with 13 votes for their national top 25.  This is the authority poll most go by, but it's nice that TopDrawer Soccer had us in the top 25.  Last week we did not receive any NSCAA votes but were rated #5 in the Great Lakes region.  This week we moved up to #4 in the region.  As noted previously, RPI is #9 in the country as of 9/29.

valpopal

Here are a couple of photos I took at the Dayton game that feature the two players who scored for Valpo, Howell and Suker:

VULB#62

Great shots -- the backgrounds make them pop.

bbtds

The look of a footballer having scored the drawing goal.  ;)

VULB#62

Mike Avery on this week's coach's show:

Valpo Coaches Show: Mike Avery 10|1|14

UIC will be a tough one tonight.

valpotx

Lost 1-0 at UIC.  Had a great opportunity to draw with a penalty kick by Zev around the 63rd minute, but their GK stopped the shot.  UIC had to play with 10 after that point, as the PK was due to a red card as well.  Too bad, a missed opportunity against a quality conference opponent.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

[tweet]519657015753199617[/tweet]

valpotx

I had wondered why Gweh wasn't playing this season, outside of one game.  The dude was a HS All-American, and it didn't make sense to me.  Glad to see that he is ready to help us for the stretch run, as he scored a ton of goals in HS!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

A great comeback victory tonight against Wright State. The Crusaders were down 2-0 in the second half and scored 5 straight goals. Jordan Aidoud contributed 2 goals and an assist.

valpotx

Looks like a tight race among the top 5-6 teams so far!
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Sitting here with family in Valpo. I saw the 2nd half of the soccer game while trying to watch fireworks at the same time. Valpo got some favorable calls on a break away when the WSU goalkeeper took our striker down. I could see some refs just giving the yellow card on that play. Although I couldn't really argue that a red card was not warranted. The free kick though was awesome as Valpo scored it's second goal.

The penalty given the Valpo side on what I believe was a free kick towards the goal was also a call that could have gone as a no call. Again I couldn't really argue against the penalty that was given that Valpo converted for it's first goal.

From there it was both teams pushing for a winning goal and Valpo being able to score on the back up Raider goalkeeper on plays that left the Raider D very vulnerable.

In reality this match could have gone either way if WSU had gotten one of those two calls to go their way.

vusupporter

Wright State's goalkeeper was already on one yellow card from earlier in the half, so even if the referee had deemed the second offense just yellow card worthy, he would have been sent off anyway.