• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponents Scoreboard 2014-2015 Season

Started by motowntitan, November 02, 2014, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Quote from: a3uge on February 08, 2015, 11:35:47 PM
Here's the state of the Horizon right now with RPI/BPI/KPOM/BracketMatrix:

Still working on incorporating Massey rankings
I use the Massey comparison rankings, which uses 56 different rankings/ratings/voting systems and averages them:

http://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

a3uge

Quote from: covufan on February 10, 2015, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: a3uge on February 08, 2015, 11:35:47 PM
Here's the state of the Horizon right now with RPI/BPI/KPOM/BracketMatrix:

Still working on incorporating Massey rankings
I use the Massey comparison rankings, which uses 56 different rankings/ratings/voting systems and averages them:

http://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

This is my goal, except with the most relevant ratings. This list is ALWAYS out of date too. And you can't sort it. But what I'm doing isn't the most moral thing ever since I'm hitting all of these ranking websites at once. I made ~3000 requests to rpiforecast this weekend. Eventually I'll put it up online somewhere.

covufan

Quote from: a3uge on February 10, 2015, 01:40:48 PMThis list is ALWAYS out of date too
I believe he only updates this list after the Sunday games, once a week, just like the AP and USAToday voting.

a3uge

Quote from: covufan on February 10, 2015, 01:53:57 PM
Quote from: a3uge on February 10, 2015, 01:40:48 PMThis list is ALWAYS out of date too
I believe he only updates this list after the Sunday games, once a week, just like the AP and USAToday voting.

Yup. But I usually want to see how Valpo ranks the day after a big game... Or even hours after.

Valpofan00

Milwaukee up 49-60 with 6:00 left over Oakland let's hope they can hold on!!

HC

Oakland is giving up pre game warm up 3s.....soooo wide open for Milwaukee. A little Valpo hangover for the Grizzlies.

LaPorteAveApostle

Eh, objects in our rear view are farther than they appear.

Still, nice to see Oakland go down.  Max Hooper is out of mothballs and hitting 5-8 from 3 for them right now.  But Felder's only got 4 FT again, so you know they're going to lose.

Oh, and Tex, Petros is 3-8 for 7 pts with 3 TO and 4 PF.  8 boards though.

Jalen Hayes has also returned to earth--0-1 from 3.

72-57 UWM under 4...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

talksalot

UWM up 14 with 4 to play
JMU up 13 with  35 seconds to play
BSU down 5 with 3:22 to play
Mizzoury is warming up the bus after a 5-pt loss to Carolina (S).

Irish joined us at the rarified air level of 22 wins.. and Badgers are about to, up two touchdowns on the Huskers at Halftime.

LaPorteAveApostle

...and UWM built that into a 20 point lead at the 3 minute mark.

And here I thought that having MSU, ASU, ISU, MD, Pitt, and Clemson pay, er play, you at their place was supposed to toughen a team up for the perils of the Klotsche Center er Panther Arena hm Under The I94 Overpass wherever it is they are supposed to be playing.

suppose i should figure that out before sunday.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

talksalot

Panthers put up 53 second-half points... win by 17

JMU goes to 15-11 with a 13-point win over the blue hens.

Ball State down 12 with 30 seconds to play... so our OOC OPP go 1-2 on the night.

LaPorteAveApostle

84-67 UWM.

The future Oakland, er, HL POTW this week, Dante Williams, was 1-6 for 4 points.  He'll be 3-7 for 8 points in another loss to UDM on Sunday, so he'll totally earn it, like always

SanityLost17

I was bored so I watched the Oakland game.  They looked extremely tired.  Looks like that lack of depth really hurt them in this one.  If the HL picks up another team and we go back to a Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday travel partner game schedule, Kampe will have to add depth to compete on the 2nd game of the road trips. 

SanityLost17

Speaking of adding depth.  I may have to change my opinion about how many minutes to give Carter over the next 2 games.  We might really need him to take on some real minutes when we go on the road to UWM after the big GB showdown. 

talksalot

ok, let's focus on our best friend Jerry Slocum for the next 23.5 hours...haven't seen a spread on the game...   Will the only sound in the gym be the squeaking of the sneakers?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: SanityLost17 on February 10, 2015, 09:10:10 PMI was bored so I watched the Oakland game. 
Quote of the month.

(I was going to say "quote of the year" because I originally read it "I was so bored I watched the Oakland game")

wh

Oakland didn't lose this game, Milwaukee won it with excellent all around play at both ends of the court.  Something about watching them I really admired.  They could have decided to just go through the motions knowing they're not going to be able to defend their championship of a year ago.  Instead, they played motivated, inspired basketball as if everything was on the line. That team has character.       

Needless to say, we will have our work cut out for us on Sunday. 

a3uge

Sunday morning: Will Oakland win out and host the Horizon League tournament?

Tuesday night: Will Oakland finish above .500?

StlVUFan

Quote from: wh on February 10, 2015, 09:32:28 PMSomething about watching them I really admired.  They could have decided to just go through the motions knowing they're not going to be able to defend their championship of a year ago.  Instead, they played motivated, inspired basketball as if everything was on the line. That team has character.
I've been sensing the same thing.  There must be some kind of magical freedom for players who know they can't play in March just going out there and giving it their all for the love of the game or some such thing.  Not quite sure how to say it, but they seem like the kind of team Jack Buck and Mike Shannon used to get paranoid about because "they got nothing to lose".

classof2014

Now it's just a 3 team race for the title with that loss by Oakland.

Anyways, Milwaukee is one of those teams that can either get completely blown out of the gym on any given night or beat a team they have no business hanging in with on any given night. On the game Sunday you have to come out hot and give them no hope, they'll collapse and we'll win by 25. Come out cold... the game will be interesting.

govalpogo

YSU is game tonight.  55-48 lead over GB with 10 left.

FWalum

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

govalpogo

GB by 1 with 40 secs left.  YSU does not know how to play with a lead nor did they react well to GB defensive pressure...we will see.

govalpogo

GB 63, YSU 62.  Missed a chance to go up at the buzzer.  Kinda glad that we won't see a GB team fueled with the rage of losing at YSU, but it would have been nice all the same to have a game in hand. 

vu72

63-62 GB.  YSU is awful.  Sykes took a hard hit a cut during the first half and had a big bandage on his forehead.  If YSU can almost beat these guys we shouldn't have much problem.  GB's RPI would have really tanked...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FWalum

Slocum should be given his walking papers right now. Miserably coached last 7 minutes of this game. Green Bay wins by 1!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show