• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #11 - Ball State - ARC - Mon Dec 17 - 7pm - ESPN+ - the Payback continues

Started by talksalot, December 08, 2018, 09:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

Looking forward to this in state match-up tonight, the line is even so Vegas can't figure this one out either. We NEED TO WIN AT HOME! Like someone already said hopefully those ticket sales aren't to BSU fans. In the GW game thread I predicted a loss, but I've changed my mind  ;D
VU-79
BSU-77

SanityLost17

Valpo 5 of 45 from 3-point land in a 30 point blow out.   

Post game discussion topics will include but are not limited too...

1. Why did we take so many 3's when we were not hitting
2. Why didn't Smits get more touches
3. Yes we were out-rebounded but because we were jacking up and missing 3's

VULB#62

NativeCheesehead

I'm feeling optimistic tonight boys. So we're probably fudged.

Vu 73
BSU 68

crusadermoe

I hadn't thought of the sales of tickets to Ball State fans. We'll see what kind of numbers and energy the BSU fans bring.  Again, I give credit where due to the students for their showing in the High Point game. Are they done with finals?

VUBBFan

Quote from: crusadermoe on December 17, 2018, 05:24:28 PMI hadn't thought of the sales of tickets to Ball State fans. We'll see what kind of numbers and energy the BSU fans bring.  Again, I give credit where due to the students for their showing in the High Point game. Are they done with finals?
Done with Finals and gone from Campus. :(

VU2014

I think we are going to tell early on if this a strong offensive night for Valpo and if the hot shooting carries over from the long layover from the GW game.

VU2014

Not a particularly strong performance from either team in this first half...

We just look off

nkvu

Playing a lot of matador defense tonight.

All but three points in the paint for BSU, mostly uncontested layups.

We are really stinking it up on defense.

hailcrusaders

Ball State moving the ball well. That late run was a long time coming.
#CrusadersForever

VU2014

Coach Lottich looked pissed in his halftime interview... and he should be. What a garbage last 4 minutes of the 1st half... and not a great 1st half. Do they even want to be out there tonight(?) because it doesn't look like it...

SanityLost17

Quote from: hailcrusaders on December 17, 2018, 07:41:59 PM
Ball State moving the ball well. That late run was a long time coming.

No....

We are a TERRIBLE defense team.  A layup is literally an easy pass away on every posession. 

Uncontested layup after uncontested layup. 

NativeCheesehead

This second half will tell us a lot about this team. Either we man up and respond to getting slapped in the face in our own gym or lay back and get creame.

One thing that concerns me is the body language of this team. They just don't look like they enjoy playing together.

SanityLost17

"Hey coach how do I score more points?"

Coach - "dude, we are playing valpo, Just cut to the basket and we will pass it to you, should get lots of easy layups.  Hell we won't even habe to set you an off ball screen."

VUGrad1314

I'm at the game and this is utterly embarrassing We can't shoot We can't score We can't defend And we don't make adjustments This game is little more than a Ball State layup drill Lottich should be pissed and the players should be embarrassed I sure am

wh

We are down 10 at half and Persons hasn't scored yet. That's how pathetic our interior defense is. Derrik and Jay getting beat down the court for easy transition hoops. Both should have been pulled on the spot. Markus gets backdoored twice. 7' Jay cowers with the ball directly underneath the basket.  Evelyn can't hit an outside shot - again. Derrik is back to crying to the refs.

It will be a miracle if we stay in this game.

wh

VU2014

Quote from: wh on December 17, 2018, 07:57:57 PM
Whoever earlier in the day said this is a good team, rethink.

This isn't a good team. This a mediocre team and is highly inconsistent.

They didn't come to play today and it's embarrassing. Ball State isn't even playing a great game. We're playing like trash.

VUGrad1314

Everything about tonight sucks

The offense sucks

The defense sucks

The crowd energy sucks

The overall attendance sucks

Half price tickets and we maybe have 3000 people Pathetic That's no better than when they charge full price

VUSL98

We are not a team that hustles after the loose ball.  The fact that there are so many loose balls also says a lot.

valpolaw

I can't blame people for not wanting to show up to watch this debacle. Hell im close to turning off my tv it's so bad. They look lost out there in every aspect. Pretty embarrassing.

We are a bad shooting team but continue to launch 3 after 3. 

Valpo2013

I now see why nobody wants to come to these games
Bad energy on and aoff the court

SanityLost17

may know

valporun

We aren't looking good. We don't have a real shooter, and nothing about the offense targeted for any one to take control, if needed. Our shooting woes continue. Why don't we have anyone that has the confidence or the drive to take over shooting or leadership?