• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 12 @ Texas A&M Wed-Dec 19 7:30 PM Judgement or Redemption?

Started by justducky, December 18, 2018, 10:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: vu72 on December 19, 2018, 08:15:02 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on December 19, 2018, 07:58:12 PMI can't even get the video feed.

Me too but probably not a big loss given the situation.  We could make national news via a fall on your face performance. This could break their confidence for the entire season and then, if we finish in the bottom two, Whether or not Matt is the guy, needs to be called into question.

I was concerned we wouldn't get to 18 in the half! Whew!

5 of which came in 4 minutes from McMillan, the last guy off the bench. The entire rest of the team scored 13 freaking points!!! How can that even happen?

VULB#62

oklahomamick

It's coaching.....He wasn't ready.  You can tell by the lack of movement on offense.  You can tell because after timeouts we never have a good look at the basket.  That's coaching. 

Matt might be good down the road but clearly he needed more time behind some good coaching. 
CRUSADERS!!!

historyman

Quote from: VU2014 on December 19, 2018, 07:28:16 PM
The first 5-10 minutes will prove to me if this team has "it" tonight. If they don't bring the effort we have some very real issues...

Well.......................maybe they should find a bus to drive this team home. They don't deserve an airplane ride.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

FWalum

I am so  :censored: tired of Evelyn acting like he has never committed a foul in his life.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VULB#62

Matt is a nice guy, but he is not a coaching presence. We need a competent PRESENCE as a head coach who demands performance. We are not pulling in graet recruits going forward. Our roster is cockeyed with regard to a progressive plan for the future.

VU2010

Idk who could argue this program  hasn't continually regressed. I still remember when Bryce left and ML had the press conference. We were all hopelessly optimistic, despite some players not even showing up to his press conference. Since then - other than Peters and company hiding the faults - we've regressed further and further. Truly amazing. Like the Milwaukee game when we couldn't hardly score in double digits  in the first half and blamed it on not getting enough time on the court or when we got blown away by Illinois  ...  I still go back to the first 8 games of last year. How'd we go undefeated and then just slip away into mediocrity (at best) ever since?

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

mj

Well, I've seen enough for tonight. Our program is in trouble. Heck, I'd argue the university itself is in the same position. Things are in a bad place right now.
I believe that we will win.

nkvu

Hooray  we got to 40 with 6:33 to go!

Could we possibly make 50 buy the end of the game?

Answer - No, no we cannot.

vu72

For maybe the first time ever, I am turning the game off with 4 to go.  Can't take it any longer.  We are in deep $hit.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2010 on December 19, 2018, 08:52:30 PMIdk who could argue this program  hasn't continually regressed. I still remember when Bryce left and ML had the press conference. We were all hopelessly optimistic, despite some players not even showing up to his press conference. Since then - other than Peters and company hiding the faults - we've regressed further and further. Truly amazing. Like the Milwaukee game when we couldn't hardly score in double digits  in the first half and blamed it on not getting enough time on the court or when we got blown away by Illinois  ...  I still go back to the first 8 games of last year. How'd we go undefeated and then just slip away into mediocrity (at best) ever since?

Remember the big puff up campaign during that start? It was embarrassing.

valpotx

Wow, can we make more dumba$$ passes?  Great job, Bakari...
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2010

Shooting 40% to A&M's 62%. 33% field goals. 15% from 3. Only made 4 shots not in the paint! 4!!! We seriously might have a game on our hands - especially since it's at home - when PNW comes into town ... if we look like this ...

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

M

Gotta bench bakari, he has proven he can't shoot his way out of this slump in a game.

Go figure he let Mileek play the power forward and he played really pretty well, crazy.

Can anyone on this team shoot the ball? Anyone? Sure hope they all get jumpers under the Christmas tree this year.

VUSL98

Someone needs to find a combination of five players who don't look like they were haphazardly place on the floor together without ever having met.

valpopal

Is Nick Nolte available?

[tweet]1075594240644780032[/tweet]

nkvu

Observation - A&M is not really a good team. We are just a really bad team. I don't know if it's the players or the coaches, but this team is pretty bad right now.  Two of Brokof's teams would have won tonight. Two maybe three of Peter's teams would have won tonight. This year's team got smoked two games in a row, including a blowout tonight against a team a decent Valpo team should have beat.

I'm glad I missed the first half. I'm sorry I watched the second half.

At least now I won't worry if I have to miss games in the future because my expectations are so low that I don't think I'll be missing much.

Valpo Joe

With 4 mins left and 24 its down Valpo called a time out.  Matt had a secret plan  ???  LET'S GET ON THE BUS  :lol:

justducky

I don't recognize these guys. I want our February team back. At least back then we were fighting, scratching and clawing for respectability. I think the whole bunch needs to take an anger  >:( mismanagement class. The coaching staff should maybe have to take it twice.

VULB#62

The AP pass down is done.  We have to do this without him. We just don't know that yet.

Since the first game on the Homer Drew court, Bakari has shown he will turn over more than he will produce Matt, please use him in reserve or just keep him from killing us.

IrishDawg

Quote from: nkvu on December 19, 2018, 09:36:17 PM
Observation - A&M is not really a good team. We are just a really bad team. I don't know if it's the players or the coaches, but this team is pretty bad right now.  Two of Brokof's teams would have won tonight. Two maybe three of Peter's teams would have won tonight. This year's team got smoked two games in a row, including a blowout tonight against a team a decent Valpo team should have beat.

I'm glad I missed the first half. I'm sorry I watched the second half.

At least now I won't worry if I have to miss games in the future because my expectations are so low that I don't think I'll be missing much.

I'd concur, at least in watching this game that it wasn't that A&M was playing well, but Valpo was just so bad.  The short turnaround and having to fly all the way to Texas likely was a reason for part of the reason why their shooting was so poor.  I actually thought the defensive strategy and going to a zone in the 2nd half was pretty good, but A&M just hit enough threes to keep Valpo at bay and then eventually went on a run that put the game completely out of reach.

The team does look really tired out there.  Not a lot of energy in an environment that was pretty ripe for the taking.  I don't know if this is all on the coaching staff, but this team looks like it could use a 10 day break to try and figure things out.

oklahomamick

I hope Freeman doesn't get frustrated and leave.  I suspect if things continue Smits will must likely graduate and leave
CRUSADERS!!!