• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #18 Valpo @ Loyola 1/15/19 7pm NBCSN Chicago/ESPN+

Started by VU2014, January 13, 2019, 11:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Quote from: M on January 15, 2019, 10:51:39 AM
Are Loyola games broadcast on the radio?  Our radio broadcast won't come in for me on my way home until I'm about home tonight.  Hoping Loyola is broadcast on a little stronger signal.

When I listen to the game on the radio I generally just stream it from the Tune In WVUR website.

4throwfan

Last night, I found that the game will also be live on DIRECTV channel 665.

wh

The outcome of this game has far more significant implications for Loyola.

•If we win, we will have defeated the 1st and 3rd preseason ranked teams in back-to-back games, on the road, and without our leading scorer.
•We will remain undefeated, and take a minimum 2-game lead over the rest of the league.
•In just 5 conference games we will be 4-0 against the top 4 teams in the preseason poll.
•Theoretically, our remaining 1st half schedule is the easiest in the league - and we should be back at full strength.
•Other teams will get better, but so will we. We keep improving and building while we're winning. The team tonight is better than the one 5 games ago. The team at the end of the 1st half of league play should be better than today's team. We don't appear to be close to peaking at this point. We have more room to improve than anyone we've played to date IMO.

Frankly, I will be surprised if we win this game without Fazekas, but not shocked. This year's Valpo team is already better than last year's when it was playing its best basketball. Loyola is good, but they don't have the weapons or polish they had a year ago. If we don't get them tonight, we will take them down at the ARC.

AranJacobs

The Valpo Website says it will be on NBC Sportsnet Chicago (Channel 200 comcast)/ESPN+. Does this mean the game will be on NBCSN or not?

M

Don't have unlimited data so was hoping to not stream it.  I know I've heard UIC on the radio a few times, was hoping maybe they'd be on 720am or something like that.

talksalot

Quote from: AranJacobs on January 15, 2019, 02:11:08 PMThe Valpo Website says it will be on NBC Sportsnet Chicago (Channel 200 comcast)/ESPN+. Does this mean the game will be on NBCSN or not?

the Channel 200 schedule has the Valpo game on tonight on local Comcast.

bigmosmithfan1

Does Loyola not have a Chicago station that carries their games on radio? The year after going to the Final Four? Tonight's game doesn't even appear to be on LU's student radio station. That can't be right, can it?

Saluki

Good luck tonight. Personally, I hope you stomp them! It should be a fun even with Fazekas on the bench. A win will put you guys in firm command of this log-jam underneath.

VU2014

Quote from: AranJacobs on January 15, 2019, 02:11:08 PM
The Valpo Website says it will be on NBC Sportsnet Chicago (Channel 200 comcast)/ESPN+. Does this mean the game will be on NBCSN or not?

If you are with in the blackout zone (most of the Midwest) you won't be able to get the game on ESPN+. If you're within the blackout zone you need to watch it on cable on NBC SportsNet Chicago (channel 200 on Comcast).

VU2014

No prediction for me today. The betting man in me says we're an underdog but this team has earned my belief in them. Let's stick it to Loyola tonight!

elephtheria47

Underdog for sure. Espn gives us 25% chance of winning. I'm cautiously optimistic. If we win, I'll be on board.  If we get blown out, our recent winnings could be a reflection of the teams we have played and not just our team. Close loss, will need to see more wins before getting back on board. I still think in general we have been overlooked a bit for a lack of better wording. I think we are going to see Loyolas best shot tonight and if we win will keep getting everyones best shot. Its been a little while since the team has had a game like this. Hope the game is a great one and that the crusaders come out on top. Let's keep on rolling and take control of the top.

VU2014

SanityLost17

It will still be a few weeks before we get fazekas back.   My guess is at 1st they thought it was really bad and were elated when it looked like only 3 or 4 weeks bad.   

Drake game at earliest.  Lottich will continue to try to keep opposing coaches guessing though. 

wh

Great job on D, but if we don't get some shooters on the court we're not going to score 40 points.

STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER!

VU2014

7 TOs so far. Unacceptable. These sloppy mistakes. We are giving this 1st half to them

wh

8 TO's. Most unforced or barely forced. 8 lost possessions.

mj

Yikes. Lucky that we're only down 10. Golder keeping us alive.

Lavender is lost in space tonight. Bakari is moving like an old man out there.

I believe that we will win.

nkvu

If we keep turning the ball over and they keep hitting 3's this will be a blowout.

VUSL98

Reflections at the half: good defense, but no go-to guy on offense.  Bakari has completely disappeared since being taken out of the starting lineup.  Turnovers are becoming a given, it seems.

wh

Count on a blowout and a ton of frustrated posters 45 min. from now. Book it.

VU2014

This Valpo team shot itself in it's foot with these TOs. Many coming from guys like Lavender who is a senior. That CAN'T happen

NativeCheesehead

The lights are a little too bright for the Crusaders tonight.