• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Loyola at Valpo 2/10: Sunday Showdown

Started by VU2010, February 06, 2019, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader05

I believe EE is always listed as full because that's where faculty/staff/overflow students sit

VU2014

Quote from: crusader05 on February 10, 2019, 12:01:49 PM
I believe EE is always listed as full because that's where faculty/staff/overflow students sit

I think Section EE is the section where the Loyola students bought their tickets. If we have an overflow of students that could make for a very interesting crowd up there.

Hopefully we get back to the days where the Athletics staff turns a blind eye to the capacity amount in the student section.

justducky

Quote from: VALPO LI on February 09, 2019, 08:42:58 AMAttendance: 4,680 best crowd all season.

I'm going with 4681 or higher OR---Maybe  4679 or lower.  ;)

crusader05

In the past I think opposing teams fans are in DD but I could be wrong

valpopal

Fazekas is walking without a boot: encouraging sign?

VALPO LI

Quote from: valpopal on February 10, 2019, 01:44:01 PM
Fazekas is walking without a boot: encouraging sign?
See guys listen to our coach!!!!
He is progressing very nicely  :thumbsup:
Shine on Vu

valpopal

For all the older fans (younger folks can use Google: Game 7 of 1970 finals), maybe Fazekas will do a "Willis Reed" today!  ;)

crusadermoe

Save the Willis heroics for the ARch Madness semis or finals.....maybe even in 2020.    :o   :-X

But let's call out the frats with congrats today if they turn out in force.  One of them really energized the crowd in a January home game!!   :thumbsup: :lol:

valpopal

a3uge

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 10, 2019, 09:38:09 AM
The game is also on ESPNU. Of course this is the most important MVC game ever for Valpo.  A defending final four team is in town. much is at stake in the near and long term for the credibility of this basketball program. This is a must win.
A regular season win vs an unranked team doesn't build long term credibility.

usc4valpo

Wow, Loyola plays great defense. Every shot looks well defended. Valpo needs a little more motion.

FWalum

Free throws Free throws Free throws Free throws Free throws Free throws Free throws Free throws
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

PlumStreetBum

We have to stop running down the shot clock at the end of the half. It's a wasted possession every time. Better to score and play defense than give up the fast break every time.

hailcrusaders

Save for a blowout in our favor, thus game has been all we could have asked for this far
#CrusadersForever

oklahomamick

Seems like #33 the back up center for Loyola setting moving screens all day. 

Thank goodness for Liberty

If things get out of hand, we have the muscle in the house, Bobby C! 
CRUSADERS!!!

hailcrusaders

Quote from: PlumStreetBum on February 10, 2019, 03:45:57 PMWe have to stop running down the shot clock at the end of the half. It's a wasted possession every time. Better to score and play defense than give up the fast break every time.
Even more frustrating is when we do this when trying to protect a second half lead.

There's still too many players standing around on offense when they don't have the ball. It's like they're expecting someone else to make the play. Makes it too easy for the opponent to help on drives to the paint or double Smits down low.
#CrusadersForever

a3uge

Quote from: PlumStreetBum on February 10, 2019, 03:45:57 PM
We have to stop running down the shot clock at the end of the half. It's a wasted possession every time. Better to score and play defense than give up the fast break every time.
Agree. The half court offense is bad enough as it is. Trying to force a basket into the span of 5 seconds is not going to work.

oklahomamick

I hope we have some recruits on campus.  This is a great atmosphere and reminds me of the past times (HL championships and NIT games)
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 10, 2019, 03:49:06 PM
Seems like #33 the back up center for Loyola setting moving screens all day. 

Thank goodness for Liberty

If things get out of hand, we have the muscle in the house, Bobby C!

Refs are really letting them play (unless you're on offense with the ball). They missed 2 other cylinder rules before finally calling one.

oklahomamick

Is Golder playing?  Sheesh, need some Golder.
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Loyola can dish it out, but can't take it. Never seen more players laying on the ground in the fetal position.

IrishDawg

Valpo should take this one.  Krutwig is really affected by the mask, and Valpo has been much more physical on both ends than Loyola.

VULB#62

SHEECH! My cable source won't let me connect as much as I try., I can only "watch" via GameStats.  What is the atmosphere? Please tell me!  Is the ARC rocking?  Tell me that it is.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 10, 2019, 04:27:17 PM
SHEECH! My cable source won't let me connect as much as I try., I can only "watch" via GameStats.  What is the atmosphere? Please tell me!  Is the ARC rocking?  Tell me that it is.

Foul against Lavender wasn't counted as 4th foul, why not?  Should be 5 fouls on Loyola....this is small but important in crunch time.