• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Loyola at Valpo 2/10: Sunday Showdown

Started by VU2010, February 06, 2019, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Rim hasn't been kind to the Crusaders. A lot of shots rolling in and out.

FieldGoodie05

Smits can really give away the game single handedly at times.  For as much as he CAN do offensively he forces crap waaaaaay to much.  Sit him please.

hailcrusaders

Golder has largely been MIA, announcers suggesting he's not at 100%. Could use a bucket from him though.
#CrusadersForever

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

PlumStreetBum

a3uge

VU2014

Pretty clear that Golder's ankle isn't anywhere near 100%. His burst and lift isn't there. Not moving like himself

oklahomamick

We don't have any offense on the court!  This is a tragedy
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Led the entire game.  We really needed to win that one.  That blows.
CRUSADERS!!!

valpolaw

Not over yet but what a terrible way to end what could've been a big win. I've never seen a team run worse plays out of timeouts. I also question some of the lineups ML kept out there.

oklahomamick

Would have been nice in front of that crowd.
CRUSADERS!!!

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2014 on February 10, 2019, 04:44:53 PM
Pretty clear that Golder's ankle isn't anywhere near 100%. His burst and lift isn't there. Not moving like himself

They said he was ill on the broadcast.

nkvu

Couldn't get a shot to drop for too long. Kind of lost composure in crunch time as well.  Disappointing outcome after a good defensive effort.

valpopal

Got to be honest, 7:30 without a field goal during clutch time at the end of the game after building a good lead is the definition of "Choke"!  >:(

valpolaw

Also, who allowed ML to not wear a gold tie? Clearly bad luck.

PlumStreetBum

Man, this team is really close to being great. Excellent defense tonight, some really good stretches on offense as well. If they can learn how to close out a game, they can win 12+ in this league.

My big concern is that the closer might not be on this roster... Or maybe he is, but he's hidden by coaching choices.

VU2014

Hats off to the students and crowd tonight. Wish we could have got the W for them to build some momentum and keep the positive vibes going.

VULB#62

Bummer. After the hard fought loss is  an adverising banner on the Valpo Forum site for Gonzaga University. That really sucks.

oklahomamick

Could have gained a game on both Loyola and Illinois state tonight. 3 of last 7 games on the road. Needed that one
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2010

VUGrad1314

Why are we so terrible down the stretch in games? It's like we hit the under 8 or the under 4 and forget how to play basketball. The shot selection was hot garbage Smits was terrible the refs were bad and so was the free throw shooting. These things need to be addressed. We had a chance to bury Loyola early and we missed 5 free throws and missed several shots we had another chance to open up the game early in the second half and couldn't hit anything. If Fazekas could actually start progressing back from his injury and actually get back out there before the season ends that would be great. It'd be nice to have one highly credible outside shooter. I'm finding it harder to contain my frustration because this situation just sucks. I'm looking at our 6-6 record with great sadness thinking about what could have been. We're so close. We're good enough to win this conference but we just can't finish. Ever. And it's as excruciating as it is infuriating.

VU2010

When will others learn - or admit - that we are getting out-coached? He cannot do it. Look at the second half adjustments by Porter & Co. and then ask yourself what gives? Don't tell me shots not falling or blaming it on the officials or injuries or illness. That was on us. He needs to be a man - a leader - and own up to it. Say it's on him. These guys are hustling. Sorry I know he's a fan favorite but Kiser is not the answer. 0 points, 8 boards, and 5 fouls? Definition of I play hard but am not a D1 player. We got out coached and out played down the stretch. Put your guys in the best position to win. Plain and simple. That's what you get paid for. Not to stick to a rotation for the sake of it. Mileek goes in during the first half and plays lights out. Then what?

We should all be embarrassed by that loss. We were up in every statistical category at half. Handed me the paper that we get for crusader club. Everything... and lost ... embarrassingly... in front of the best crowd I've seen in a long time. But you know we're nicely progressing ?!?!?!?

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2010 on February 10, 2019, 05:56:20 PM
When will others learn - or admit - that we are getting out-coached? He cannot do it. Look at the second half adjustments by Porter & Co. and then ask yourself what gives? Don't tell me shots not falling or blaming it on the officials or injuries or illness. That was on us. He needs to be a man - a leader - and own up to it. Say it's on him. These guys are hustling. Sorry I know he's a fan favorite but Kiser is not the answer. 0 points, 8 boards, and 5 fouls? Definition of I play hard but am not a D1 player. We got out coached and out played down the stretch. Put your guys in the best position to win. Plain and simple. That's what you get paid for. Not to stick to a rotation for the sake of it. Mileek goes in during the first half and plays lights out. Then what?

We should all be embarrassed by that loss. We were up in every statistical category at half. Handed me the paper that we get for crusader club. Everything... and lost ... embarrassingly... in front of the best crowd I've seen in a long time. But you know we're nicely progressing ?!?!?!?

Take a pill and come see us in the morning.

VUGrad1314

Wow actually both bigs were awful. Also please stop with the Kiser over McMillan stuff. It's enough already. How is he supposed to develop and how are we supposed to know what we have in him if Lottich won't ever play him?