• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #27 Valpo @ Drake 2/16 2:00pm CST on ESPN3

Started by NativeCheesehead, February 15, 2019, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jloose128

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 16, 2019, 02:40:23 PM
Btw, I need a ruling from one of our board lawyers: If we're down double digits at halftime is it too early to start drinking?

I'm no lawyer, but I think the time is right to drink.

PlumStreetBum

Who's ready for Bakari to dribble the shot clock down to 7 seconds, dribble into a double team, and take a long, off-balance, fade-away 2 pointer that results in a Drake fast break layup tonend the half?

oklahomamick

Freeman is good.  We already know that. 

37 seconds left in the half coming out of a timeout.  Let's see if the drawn up in the huddle gets us a good look or high percentage shot.

We should run and gun on offense.  Advance it and step on the gas.  We did this several times last year at the end of the game when it was out of reach.  It worked.
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

The alley hoop from Golder to Smits from the 3 point line worked.  I don't give Lottich enough credit.
CRUSADERS!!!

PlumStreetBum

Proud of Golder trying to draw the foul in that situation, but as usual the rest of it was awful basketball for the final possession of the half. But at least we got lucky this time.

justducky

Drake defended better and got better shots. I'm happy to be this close.

Golder and Fazekas still looking a little slow?

oklahomamick

Drake offense is good.  Well coached.  They lead the league in assists.
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2014

Quote from: justducky on February 16, 2019, 03:01:29 PM
Drake defended better and got better shots. I'm happy to be this close.

Golder and Fazekas still looking a little slow?

Both guys aren't 100%. It's particularly obvious with Golder. He isn't moving the same since the injury. The quick twitch reflexes haven't been there. I'm wondering when he'll get his ankle right. Hopefully it starts to feel normal sooner rather than later.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 16, 2019, 03:03:58 PM
Drake offense moves is good.  Well coached.  They lead the league in assists.

One thing that is blatantly obvious about this season is that we don't have great ball handler on this team this season. Drake has a ton of guys who can handle the ball, as oppose to us who only have a few. Sackey still plays a little out of control sometimes (freshman), just not confident with Bakari being the primary ball handler. Lavender is probably the best on the team and he still has blunders from time to time.

crusadermoe

My streaming is realy glitchy today.  Anyone else?

valpotx

This team f'ing sucks.  No communication, no fundamentals.  Enjoy your weekends!
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 16, 2019, 03:10:18 PM
My streaming is realy glitchy today.  Anyone else?

Drake's home broadcasts always seems to be glitchy

M

Hot take (maybe): Sorolla isn't that great of a defender

crusadermoe

Drake has the best overall record in the MVC.   They can shoot 3s and their bigs have some finesse.   I can see why they are near the top.   

Just being realistic.   We have some intriguing parts that don't add up to a whole often enough.  Lots of reasons, excuses, etc.   The potential is there.

justducky

Quote from: M on February 16, 2019, 03:24:11 PM
Hot take (maybe): Sorolla isn't that great of a defender
McMillan with defensive mistakes leading to his removal.

PlumStreetBum

Would love to see Lottich get T'd up here after a bad no-call and a bad offensive foul call.

I mean, it's not like we're gonna win, might as well show some fire.

Valpo2013

I'm so tired of Bakari and Smits and Lottich complaining about every call
Jesus Christ
Play better and don't worry about the refs
It all evens out

nkvu

Drake center employing the often successful flop defense on Smits that Indiana State used so successfully.

crusadermoe

Frustrating enough to see the score.   But the streaming is so erratic that you can't see a flow from start to finish on a possession.

M

Mileek has to be playing scared...make one mistake you're out...meanwhile other guys eff up time and time again and continue to get more and more pt.

oklahomamick

You notice how open Ellingson gets on the 3 point line?  That is set up by the offensive they run.  Our 3 point shooter doesn't get those same looks at the hoop. 
CRUSADERS!!!

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: M on February 16, 2019, 03:42:47 PM
Mileek has to be playing scared...make one mistake you're out...meanwhile other guys eff up time and time again and continue to get more and more pt.

I cannot like this enough times. If next year is supposed to be our year, they need to give Mileek more minutes to prepare. He can definitely score, but he needs to get more comfortable at game speed. If he can give us 20-25 good minutes at the 4 next season, it's worth his mistakes this season.

bbtds

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 16, 2019, 02:40:23 PM
"If everyone stays"

Big if with this level of dysfunction.

Btw, I need a ruling from one of our board lawyers: If we're down double digits at halftime is it too early to start drinking?

Too bad your sobriety was more important than victory.

We simply can't hit enough three point shots.