• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Athletic Department should be embarrassed.

Started by valpospartan, January 26, 2020, 11:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

M - That's awesome, while asking your 4th and 8th graders to mop can you also ask Pa to fix just one of the laundry list items?  Just one.  It will give us hope. 

The laundry list items are things that similar sized private universities would sneeze at. 

Or we could start winning again and overlook the laundry list items. 

I'll keep donating, giving and complaining.  When I stop donating is when I will stop complaining.  But be careful, several have already quit donating and caring.  This forum is an example, there used to be more contributors.  Take care of the product or people will quit investing time and money in it.     
CRUSADERS!!!

M

I just like solutions (or at minimum suggestions for a solution) to problems when people complain.

:'( :'( :'(

I'll see myself out.

oklahomamick

M - I can respect that.

Unfortunately I don't have the solutions.  But I also don't make over 100k and hired to have those solutions.  Someone is....

Other similar schools are able to do it.  These excuses are starting to sound like Luke Gore and his scheduling inability. 

Sorry I have no solutions nor does the man who was hired to have solutions. 

We should just copy a page from the book of other similar universities who don't have as long of a laundry list. 

Go Valpo!
CRUSADERS!!!

GoldenCrusader87

See I appreciate some thoughts here that others have posted. For instance - I'm not paid to have solutions. These people are. And they're well compensated for it. Make way more than the average. So ya there should be some responsibility and accountability when you're making really good money .... maybe not anywhere near the Coach Ks of the world but in relation to most of us ... really, really good money. I was raised to believe that with such opportunities the responsibility increases. That's why the Bryce Drew's of the world get booted so quickly .... make a lot of money and don't perform ... you're gone. Right or wrong it's the name of the game.

VALPO LI

Hey Valpo fans look who is mopping up the court in Peoria.....you guessed it a kid!
Shine on Vu

bbtds

Quote from: VALPO LI on January 29, 2020, 06:51:05 PM
Hey Valpo fans look who is mopping up the court in Peoria.....you guessed it a kid!

As I said in the game thread I think it's a matter of training.

VALPO LI

The ref guided that young lad in pink quite well...the young minion must have given him water during the time out!
Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

The person who brought up the issue of kids mopping the floor was probably just aggravated by 1.  not winning and 2.  the laundry list.  Thus choosing any little thing to complain about.  One has to be admit, it hasn't been real fun the last 4 years. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpospartan

Quote from: VALPO LI on January 29, 2020, 06:51:05 PM

Probably a middle school age boy, NOT a 5 year old girl.

GoldenCrusader87

At least we're consistent ... in digging a hole that we almost pull ourselves out of and end up with a moral victory.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 29, 2020, 09:20:07 PMThe person who brought up the issue of kids mopping the floor was probably just aggravated by 1.  not winning and 2.  the laundry list.  Thus choosing any little thing to complain about.  One has to be admit, it hasn't been real fun the last 4 years.

Yeah not winning (obviously) has a lot to do with this. I'm sure of it. The laundry list is concerning\embarrassing but I trust that they're working on it. There would be a lot less heat if we were legitimately in the title discussion right now as opposed to fighting with everything we have to avoid a THIRD straight PIG finish.

oklahomamick

Do you guys remember when we hosted Florida St. (a couple nba picks) in a full house ARC and whooped them?  Good times. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VALPO LI

"Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days...."
-MH
Shine on Vu

wh

I haven't joined in this discussion, but I certainly appreciate the comments.  I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that complaints by posters on this board are the only reason anything ever gets done to improve the game day experience. 

GoldenCrusader87

Per Paul's write-up, we had ~2,000 fans in attendance last night. Now, idk if they all stuck around for the second half after that shellacking but .... wow. There were 2 inches of snow. It was doable for locals in the community. The roads were iced. Not progressing nicely.

crusader05

At the time of the game it was still snowing in lots of places and the roads(or the drivers on said roads) were horrible. There were accidents all over. I would definitely not have driven to the game in that condition, especially since the weather reports were saying we could get up to six inches

M

NativeCheesehead

Also a bad look when your main beat reporter slips outside the ARC. I know he said in the tweet it was his shoes....

I've exited plenty of games where the salt seems to end midway between the doors and the street, if it's even there.  I'm guessing that's really not on the athletic department, but it does continue our recent trend of not taking care of the small things.

VUGrad1314

Realistically I think we finish anywhere between 8-10 and 10-8 but predicting the individual results of each game will be difficult. I do think we'll go into Normal in a week and a half at 5-8 though. Loyola won't throw up two clunkers in a row and they're at home and SIU is just too hot (though Evansville almost got them so maybe? Getting either of these games significantly changes my outlook but I just don't see us winning either game. I'm sorry. )I hope i'm right about our season finish (particularly to the high side) because if we finish any worse than that it becomes REALLY hard to justify any contract extension for Matt. I mean UNI is the best team in the conference so for anyone who might misconstrue what we're saying NO THIS IS NOT A BAD LOSS however WE PLAYED BADLY IN THE LOSS. That is an unavoidable fact. We are still plagued by the same issues and not everything is on the coach because he can't make the shots for the players but I just don't get why we can't ever put 40 minutes together or why we can't seem to avoid slow starts. Last night was a tall order but this one was winnable.

valpospartan

Quote from: crusader05 on February 06, 2020, 08:26:37 AM
At the time of the game it was still snowing in lots of places and the roads(or the drivers on said roads) were horrible. There were accidents all over. I would definitely not have driven to the game in that condition, especially since the weather reports were saying we could get up to six inches

We drove to the game without even a skid.  There were no problems, and no accidents seen.

GoldenCrusader87

Watching the Loyola game today was tough. Such a great feel in the Gentile Arena. Updated seating, video boards, sound, and a REAL collegiate feel. Watching the UNI game yesterday, I was blown away. The differences between the ARC and the stadiums of our conference members are unbelievable. Hard to believe at this point (having now experienced the MVC as a member of it) that it wasn't part of the agreement when we joined the conference .... that we do some major upgrades .... like, even the yellow lights for starters. Embarrassing.

valpo64

Perhaps it was part of the agreement, long-range, when we joined the MVC.  Who knows for sure.  BTW, Loyola's Gentile Center's capacity is less than the ARC and  I believe we may average more in attendance than they do.

VALPO LI

What's more frustrating is that we as fans are left out in the dark as usual.  No glimpse of hope lies ahead.... :'(
Shine on Vu

EddieCabot

Quote from: valpo64 on February 09, 2020, 08:13:38 PM
Perhaps it was part of the agreement, long-range, when we joined the MVC.  Who knows for sure.  BTW, Loyola's Gentile Center's capacity is less than the ARC and  I believe we may average more in attendance than they do.

Yes, per Wikipedia, the Gentile Center capacity is only 4,963 vs 5,000 at the ARC.  Your belief on attendance comparisons is wrong according to the MVC website. 

GoldenCrusader87

Not about seating capacity as much as amenities