• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Drake @ Valpo: 2/6 & 2/7

Started by VU2014, February 06, 2021, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

We just need to make sure that JO has time to set and shoot.  His shot timing is so slow.  You can tell that he was just able to shoot over everyone at his HS level, and didn't really have to worry about getting off quick shots.  He will learn to do so in the coming years, just as Rowdy and AP dramatically increased their release timing.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Goodnews! Goodnews is in the house!

I like it when Goodnews is guarded by Yesyoufool.  ;)

bbtds

Valpo is up 10. How long will it take Drake to tie up the game. 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes or 20 minutes?

Pgmado

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2021, 01:23:31 PM

Goodnews was in the house yesterday as well. DNP-CD.

bbtds

Quote from: Pgmado on February 07, 2021, 01:28:42 PM
Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2021, 01:23:31 PM

Goodnews was in the house yesterday as well. DNP-CD.

It is a metaphorical "in the house."

I heard the Brewers picked up the Wong player recently.   ;)

vok22

Over/Under 5 minutes for JO in the second half?

bbtds

You know it's a different kind of team when you cheer more for the made FTs instead of regular made FGs.

vu72

Great first half!  Very scrappy play for both teams. Love our toughness.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2021, 01:28:14 PM
Valpo is up 10. How long will it take Drake to tie up the game. 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes or 20 minutes?

7 minutes so far. Can this Valpo team pull off a top 25 win? The anticipation is a killer.

hailcrusaders

I'm of the opinion that this team is a lot better when we don't jack up 25+ threes per game. Only seven so far in 1H. Can we keep it up? Let's hope so.

Much as I want us to win, man, Drake does NOT look like a T25 team so far today.
#CrusadersForever

valpotx

Regardless of the ranking, the name Drake, on a basketball jersey, is not intimidating to opponents.  Often times, it seems that we struggle historically against anyone that is a named program. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2021, 01:46:39 PM

7 minutes so far. Can this Valpo team pull off a top 25 win? The anticipation is a killer.

12 minutes and growing.

valpotx

Dumb decision by Sackey.  Use time and get a good shot.  The defender does not magically disappear, when you blow by them...
"Don't mess with Texas"

vok22

Daniel Sackey single handedly switching the momentum from Valpo to drake for the second straight day with his uncontrolled play when we have them on the ropes.

bbtds

Zion hit a FT! Holy Cow!

Momentum switch!

valpotx

Gordon has improved is FTs this season, as well.  I've always been a big fan of Morgan's defensive ability, and his calm presence when controlling the ball on offense.  If we get points from Morgan's play, it is always an unexpected bonus.
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2021, 02:12:55 PM
Quote from: bbtds on February 07, 2021, 01:46:39 PM

12 minutes and growing.

17 minutes & holding

valpotx

Use clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the heck
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Does anyone else really dislike the under the basket FT angle that we do on second attempts?
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Edwards has a lot of maturing to do.  I get that he is a FR, but skip the tomahawk jam, and don't take quick 3's late in the game up big.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

On one hand Yay Valpo! On the other if this score holds this might kill the hopes for a two bid Valley which is not ideal. I guess it serves Drake right for gorging on creampuffs in the non conference but still... I really want to see the MVC be a two bid league again... I guess if somebody had to kill that dream I'm glad it was us but still... Feels a little bittersweet in a way...

mj

Gotta love beating a ranked opponent! Great win!!
I believe that we will win.

valpopal

Quote from: valpopal on February 06, 2021, 04:42:26 PM
"Why didn't JO get a touch in the second half?"..."Why didn't Krikke take a single shot in the last 8 minutes of the game?"
Well, look at that: JO gets twice as much time in the second half today, including a 3-pointer, and Krikke gets shots down the stretch. What a difference a day makes. Great win, but it should have been a two-game sweep.