• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. UIC (2/14) Game Thread

Started by valpopal, February 13, 2012, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Valpo is a 13.5 point favorite in the early odds at Vegas. I don't think anybody can make a real estimate of the spread without knowing whether or not Kevin will play, as well as how many minutes he receives or how effective he can be if he does get in the game. Still, the Crusaders could not have more motivation than a home game with first place, title implications and a double bye on the line, especially after being embarrassed at Youngstown State. My guess:

UIC 60, Valpo 74

valpotx

Valpo 69
UIC 59

If KVW plays, he will probably only get 10-15 minutes to see how his body is responding to game action.  If it responds well, increased minutes at LMU, getting him ready for the last 2 W's at home against Loyola and Butler  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

Quote from: crusaderjoe on February 13, 2012, 02:04:54 PM
71-66

carrying that trend on for another game, huh? seems like we've seen at least one prediction of this score for each of the last couple games.

valpo 75-58

historyman

UIC  71
Valpo  66

Just a slight twist to the trend.   ;)

govalpogo

Valpo 64
UIC    58

UIC hangs around, threatens, but can't find the big shots down the stretch.

DMvalpo18

I don't expect the outcome of this game to be any closer than 10. I'm thinking bryce will have them ready to play after a bad effort at youngstown.

VUfan

Valpo will play hard UIC has spring on it's mind 62-52

bmlvu97

Valpo should win, although I think it may be close like the last matchup...

Valpo 64
UIC 60

Brian
Brian M. Lenz
Valpo Class of 1997

cornonthe

grad66

I would really like to see the Crusaders come out with some fire in their bellies.  Let us see (at home) the way they played at
Cleveland State!   

Valpo 81
UIC    59.

Then , we can think about the next ONE!  Go Valpo! :thumbsup:

valpo84

Let's just say, first half sounds like Choke City. There are no excuses for not playing defense. Halftime "discussion" better be inspirational.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

oklahomamick

I knew we would have to earn it and that UIC wouldn't lay over but I didn't think we would be down by 10 at halftime.  We were in the bonus with 5 minutes left and couldn't get to the line.  When we did, we missed either the front end of a one and one or just missed both of the double bonus. 

CRUSADERS!!!

valpo84

UIC definitely helping with the fouls in 2d half, but got to hit FTs. This is painful.

oklahomamick

Bonus with 13 minutes left.....make the ft's
CRUSADERS!!!

valpo84

Shooting is contagious!!! And nice for Harris to hit a couple.

valpo84

58-53 with about 6 to go and I can finally start to feel my breathing becoming normal. Good shooting and D helped, kind of like Nyquil to help watch struggling hoops teams trying to clinch double bye.

78crusader

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

Crusader03

drewsaders11

That second half was very comforting to see after the YSt game and the start to this one.  Hopefully we can play well enough in LA to maintain some of the momentum from this half heading into our game against Loyola.  Hopefully, Milwaukee holds on against CSt, as well.  Getting tight with 3 mins remaining.

valpopal

Wild ending in Milwaukee as Cleveland State makes a dumb foul on a desperate 3-point shot with 1 second left and a tie game, giving Milwaukee free throws and the win!

vu72

Milwaukee wins at the buzzer!!  We are in first alone baby!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpotx

Good second half, and CSU loses at the very end of the game, after coming all the way back to tie it with 1.9 seconds left.
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpotx on February 14, 2012, 09:25:33 PM
Good second half, and CSU loses at the very end of the game, after coming all the way back to tie it with 1.9 seconds left.

they deserved it with that foul